Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2014 10:49:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/17/2014 10:50:30 AM EDT by Kudu22]
Mark got the video up when I went down to Austin to show off the Ryder 22 and let them see a sneak peek at a 300 BO suppressor that Mark was dumping rounds out of at the end of the video. Wish they put the super sonic sound tests up but it is a good test.

Ryder test

Garin Lee

Surefire Suppressor Division
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:09:35 AM EDT
Cool.
Can you tell your colleagues to make the new procomp in 762?
please and thank you
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:13:08 AM EDT
Yup, gonna need one of those.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:14:04 AM EDT
didn't sound much different in the video. I guess you had to be there.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:19:23 AM EDT
Thanks Garin.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:27:19 AM EDT
bradpeirson it is in the works.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:51:32 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kudu22:
bradpeirson it is in the works.
View Quote

BOOM! headshot.
Awesome.
I need one for a Mosin Nagant
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:41:59 PM EDT
That video is a perfect exanple of why comparing can sounds via youtube is useless.

When might we get more details on the 300blk can? Its been teased since shot show. Bout time to let the cat out of the bag.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 2:26:27 PM EDT
So it tested lower db reduction than surefire advertises? Looks like around 113 in the video. Is that beating the other high end suppressors?
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 7:02:24 AM EDT
Originally Posted By aaholland:
So it tested lower db reduction than surefire advertises? Looks like around 113 in the video. Is that beating the other high end suppressors?
View Quote

113 would be awesome if true
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 7:26:19 AM EDT
View Quote

That number by itself is meaningless for comparison - unless you had comparisons with different suppressors done at the same time under the same conditions.

In that video, Silencer Shop shows an unsuppressed SPL of ~139 dB and a suppressed SPL of 110-113 dB, ~29 dB reduction

Silencerco's Spectre II industry comparison video shows an unsuppressed SPL of ~155 dB and suppressed SPLs of 114-116 dB, ~40 dB of reduction

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 7:43:31 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 1slow01z71:
That video is a perfect exanple of why comparing can sounds via youtube is useless.

When might we get more details on the 300blk can? Its been teased since shot show. Bout time to let the cat out of the bag.
View Quote

For some reason this video really didn't show any difference. I like the guys at silencer shop, I would like to see another test under better conditions. Maybe something like SWR used to do on an indoor range, even though there is nothing you can do about recording equipment not being able to reproduce the sound of gunfire.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 9:13:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 9:50:23 AM EDT
I want to know how they got that BX-25 mag to actually function for 5 shots straight!
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 10:08:48 AM EDT
Thanks for the video.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 10:25:15 AM EDT
Originally Posted By LEO4ever:
I want to know how they got that BX-25 mag to actually function for 5 shots straight!
View Quote

I have 2 that function flawlessly.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 10:27:43 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Mark1916:

I haven't yet found a way to accurately portray the differences between suppressed and unsuppressed gunfire in a video. The problem is that, when you suppress a gun, you're really only suppressing muzzle blast. The action of the gun, report from down range, sonic signature if your using super-sonic rounds, and the echo from all the other sounds associated with gunfire get picked up by the microphone on the camera and then compressed into one sound. That's why I always include the decibel readings to give you a more accurate picture. I usually like to get these reading from an outdoor range to try a better simulate the average environment that my customers will be shooting in. Anyway, I hope the video was somewhat informational.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
For some reason this video really didn't show any difference. I like the guys at silencer shop, I would like to see another test under better conditions. Maybe something like SWR used to do on an indoor range, even though there is nothing you can do about recording equipment not being able to reproduce the sound of gunfire.

I haven't yet found a way to accurately portray the differences between suppressed and unsuppressed gunfire in a video. The problem is that, when you suppress a gun, you're really only suppressing muzzle blast. The action of the gun, report from down range, sonic signature if your using super-sonic rounds, and the echo from all the other sounds associated with gunfire get picked up by the microphone on the camera and then compressed into one sound. That's why I always include the decibel readings to give you a more accurate picture. I usually like to get these reading from an outdoor range to try a better simulate the average environment that my customers will be shooting in. Anyway, I hope the video was somewhat informational.

I hate your video. It has me debating getting another .22lr suppressor.

I was thinking about the spectre 2 or sparrow but now I want to wait and see some more reviews of the sure fire.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 10:43:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By peekay:
Thanks for the video.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 11:11:48 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 12:39:22 PM EDT
Hey Mark any plans on doing another rimfire can shootout? Kinda hard to get an idea of whether I want it or not since none of the other rimfire cans were tested with it. Already have a sparrow and warlock but want to get another can. Considering the kodiak tl, spectre and ryder.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 12:49:49 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 1slow01z71:
Hey Mark any plans on doing another rimfire can shootout? Kinda hard to get an idea of whether I want it or not since none of the other rimfire cans were tested with it. Already have a sparrow and warlock but want to get another can. Considering the kodiak tl, spectre and ryder.
View Quote

I agree any chance of this? It would sell a lot more if there was some kind of comparison to go by using the same host.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 12:53:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/18/2014 12:54:04 PM EDT by gonoles]

View All Quotes

I think any video is helpful to some degree and like that there are people out there willing to make them. This video was just odd in that both suppressed and unsuppressed seemed to sound the same. I am not a videographer so I couldn't tell you anything helpful. Thanks for putting it out there though.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 2:02:35 PM EDT
Ok, now give me all the same features in a .45acp package and I may have to consider another .45 cal can.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 2:24:13 PM EDT
Mark, I'd like to see a 762 shootout with the saker involved along with the SDN 6.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:29:43 PM EDT
they used a rifle so not surprised on the lower set of numbers...

BTW, at 139db it would say with no suppressor, 22 can be hearing safe. That would be my personal opinion, but then again I am kinda deaf for my age so who knows.

are the baffles steel or aluminum

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:03:44 PM EDT
Add the yhm stinger to the list of testing, I've heard good things

I just picked up a sparrow and want a specter II next but might also get a Ryder and the stinger looks good too. We'll damn my wife is gonna kill me I might just get them all
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:27:59 PM EDT
Does anyone have the thread specs for this can? I looked at the surefire website and came up with nothing. By some of the pictures I've seen (and one review) it appears that the Ryder 22 seats on the muzzle. Is that right? I'm not sure how I feel about that.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 1:51:53 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SWODaddy:
Does anyone have the thread specs for this can? I looked at the surefire website and came up with nothing. By some of the pictures I've seen (and one review) it appears that the Ryder 22 seats on the muzzle. Is that right? I'm not sure how I feel about that.
View Quote

I think it threads on flush like other suppressors.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 7:30:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 8:39:35 AM EDT

I think that can be arranged! Can y'all give me about 2 weeks to get it all set up? I promise I'll get this done for y'all.
View All Quotes

I think that can be arranged! Can y'all give me about 2 weeks to get it all set up? I promise I'll get this done for y'all.

I would love to know how the MIST-22 Barrel ranks compared to thread ones. But i doubt you guys have a test one
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:16:21 AM EDT

View All Quotes

An ultimate, end-all be-all rimfire suppressor shootout would be awesome, and super helpful.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 10:10:27 AM EDT

View All Quotes

Sounds great
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 11:50:34 AM EDT
I'm sure this is a great can, but I don't quite trust the results because muzzle location relative to the mic isn't controlled.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 5:39:36 PM EDT

View All Quotes

You need to do it at Lonestar and let me know when youre going to do it so I can watch.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:30:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/20/2014 8:34:09 AM EDT by AndrewS]
Originally Posted By Engineer:

That number by itself is meaningless for comparison - unless you had comparisons with different suppressors done at the same time under the same conditions.

In that video, Silencer Shop shows an unsuppressed SPL of ~139 dB and a suppressed SPL of 110-113 dB, ~29 dB reduction

Silencerco's Spectre II industry comparison video shows an unsuppressed SPL of ~155 dB and suppressed SPLs of 114-116 dB, ~40 dB of reduction
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Engineer:

Comparisons on the same SPL meter with the same weighted calibration are far more important than environmental conditions.

Here is a video from SS where they use the Spectre II to show subsonic/supersonic performance.

I don't know if it is the same mic without a calibration change but at least it is from the same source making that a possibility. They used a bolt gun instead of the 10/22 but they are still around 139db unsuppressed so the base line is similar.

Looking forward to the possibility of a shootout! My dealer just got my Spectre II which I ordered from SS but I was thinking about ordering one of these Ryders too for a lightweight pistol can.
Top Top