Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2014 8:21:14 AM EST
I have a few suppressor purchases planned for the near future, and the Specwar vs Saker decision will have some long lasting effects.

For example, if I get the 556 Specwar K, I'd be inclined to get a future Saker with the ASR module instead of the standard one. FWIW, I have a SF SOCOM, so quality of mount is an important factor for me.

So, ASR vs the standard Saker mounts - what can you guys tell me? Are the ASRs good to go? Is there some compromise when compared to the Saker mounts? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:17:52 AM EST
Id get the ASR mount personally unlessbyouve got a gun you want the can to go under the handguard.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:52:59 PM EST
Originally Posted By UM-Iceman:
I have a few suppressor purchases planned for the near future, and the Specwar vs Saker decision will have some long lasting effects.

For example, if I get the 556 Specwar K, I'd be inclined to get a future Saker with the ASR module instead of the standard one. FWIW, I have a SF SOCOM, so quality of mount is an important factor for me.

So, ASR vs the standard Saker mounts - what can you guys tell me? Are the ASRs good to go? Is there some compromise when compared to the Saker mounts? Thanks.
View Quote

I like the ASR mount. It's pretty much a K.I.S.S. design. From front to back, there's a bearing surface on the flash hider that seals the expansion chamber of the suppressor from the coarse threads and right behind the coarse threads is a ring of fine teeth that a pair of locking teeth that cam down on it from the rotation of a lock ring.

It's not as complicated as the Saker MAAD mount and you lose the ability to make suppressor attachment a one handed operation.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:55:28 PM EST
I prefer the Saker mounts, but the ASR mounts are still good.

I don't have any Specwars, but if I would have had one first I may have considered going that way with the Saker.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:19:15 AM EST
Appreciate the feedback so far guys.

Does anyone have experience with the ASR mounts regarding: 1) difficulty of removal after a long shooting session or 2) measuring point of impact shift and/or repeatability of that shift? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:49:44 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/6/2014 5:51:31 AM EST by NavyIS2]
I have a specwar 762 and my buddy has a Saker 762 both pending. We went to shoot with our SOT a few weeks back with about 25 other guys waiting on cans so we had a decent sample base of different cans. I was swapping the specwar from a blackout to a 5.56. With the exception of how hot they would get the specwar was easy to swap even after a few magazines. My buddies Saker didn't fair as well and neither did a few others with sakers. They were all having a difficult time removing their sakers after a few magazines. The decibel reduction was incredibly similar between the cans so I'm happy I went with the specwar at the end of the day.

ETA: for POI I would call it negligible at most. I didn't see any shift that I couldn't just as easily contribute to a number of other factors.
Top Top