Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/12/2002 6:37:14 PM EDT
Just zeroed in my Aimpoint ML2. After mounting with ARMS #39A2 railmount & #22M68 throwlever, I shot several 4 round patterns. at 25 meters the groupings were hitting targets at 3 inches to left and 4 inches low of center target. I then zeroed out per instruction manual and shot for rest of morning and was dead on targets.....
My question is: was the amount of adjustment I had to do seem normal ?? Will it stay zeroed??
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 7:06:39 PM EDT
My guess is that it's normal. I have the same setup you have except for the ring. I'm using the standard ring for now. I have yet to sight it in at the range. When i initially mounted the CompM on the rail the dot was dead on where it needed to be without any adjustment. BUT, if you notice the tighter you cinch down the forward thumb nut on the gooseneck, it tends to pull the dot to the right, slightly. Try doing that while you look through your CompM, you'll see what i mean.

For now on i just make sure the carry handle thumb screw is real tight. I barely tighten the forward thumb screw at all. The rail will still be very stable and won't move around.

Then again, that's only my suggestion. I have yet to range test it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 7:20:22 PM EDT
That doesn't sound horrible... as long as you were able to sight it in.

I put mine with the ARMS#2268 with spacer on a flat top, took it to 25yds and it was almost dead on. Moved to 100 yds and it was 2" high, but printed a nice 2" 5 shot group. I was thrilled.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 3:16:04 AM EDT
I have a bushmaster 16 inch flat top with the a3 handle on the way. I am now in search of optics, something for fast target acquisition at 25-100 yards to me mounted on flat top. I suppose it is obvious I am not exactly sure what I am looking for, so guidance appreciated. I am also curious if I can find a unit I can mount on flat top as well as carry handle.
Thanks.
bigtwinhog
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 8:47:27 AM EDT
Providing you get the proper mounts you can mount an Aimpoint, Eotech, or Trijicon an both your flat top and carryhandle.

The ARMS #39 isn't supposed to fit on the A3 carry handle though. In actuality it does fit but you can't cinch down the forward thumb nut. The front webbing part of the forward part of the A3 carry handle is thicker than the A2 handle.

Your best bet, and pretty popular too, is to mount your optic on your flat top and then mount a back up flip up type iron sight that will mount to your flat top behind your optics.

As far as which optics to go for, well this debate has been raging on these boards forever now. You can try to do a search looking for which one may be better. What i reccomend you do is to go to your favorite gunshop and compare the three together. Play around and fiddle with them and see which one you think you'd like the best. All 3 are top notch. It's a matter of personal preference more than anything.
Top Top