Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2005 3:38:57 PM EDT
I own several Sig Sauer pistols.  I feel the weakest item on the Sig's are the triggers.  
They feel very sloppy to me.  Other than that, Sig's are fantastic weapons.

My question is, how hard is it to make the trigger smooth and crisp?

I don't really want to lighten the trigger pull, just tighten up any slop a bit.

In double action, smooth and predictible, in single action crisp and tight.  Any hope?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:09:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

My question is, how hard is it to make the trigger smooth and crisp?

Smooth, yes. Crisp, no. Welcome to the world of TDA, sir.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:52:07 PM EDT
[#2]
?? my 228 has a sweet trigger the only gripe i have is that looong DA reset.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:07:01 AM EDT
[#3]
My omly gripe about them as well. I shoot my Beretta 92F more often.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:24:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess I am used to my rifles, where I can send my trigger pack off to a good gun smith and let them do their magic.

After the trigger work, the rifle is like shooting another gun.  It is a total different experience shooting a gun with a good trigger job.

The next guns I would like to have the trigger re-worked are on my Sigs.

Has anyone done this before?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:51:26 AM EDT
[#5]
It's too bad you live in NV, there's a guy in VA that works magic on Sig triggers, well, maybe not magic but does damn good.  Got my hands on a Sig 225 he did and it didn't even feel like a Sig trigger anymore.  Very smooth, pretty crisp break, shorter reset, very nice.  8 lbs. DA, 4 lbs. SA.  MJD
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:36:32 PM EDT
[#6]
No way!  The 92FS's trigger is terrible in both DA and SA.  My two SIG-Sauer P220s triggers are much better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top