Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2020 5:20:53 PM EDT
I have a gsg 1911 in 22 that I have beat to absolute shit in round count. Probably 50k rounds. I’ve had the slide lightened a while ago, silly paint, etc.

Recently it’s taken up not firing almost 50% of the time. Hammer drops, nothing. If I cock the hammer and pull trigger again it goes off more often than not. Sometimes it goes 5 in a row and then one ftf. Sometimes it ftf every round.

I like the gun and want to get it back in business. What’s the next thing to check?
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 5:59:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I would guess firing pin after that many rounds
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 8:16:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would guess firing pin after that many rounds
View Quote

This would be my guess aswell. Pull it out and see what kind of shape it is in.

I'd like to see pictures if you wouldnt mind posting them. I have the same gun but it has about 46,000 less rounds through it. They are super fun
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 2:08:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Firing pin and spring examined and at the very least the spring replaced. In full size 1911’s they advise recoil spring replacement every 3-4000 rounds and with every other recoil spring change, change the firing pin spring.
Also if you are still on the original recoil spring, there is the possibility it is not fully returning to battery ( out of battery just a hair) and that is keeping it from lighting the primer off.
Replace both springs and since you have it apart at that point, might as well put in a new firing pin too.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 2:18:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Firing pin and spring examined and at the very least the spring replaced. In full size 1911’s they advise recoil spring replacement every 3-4000 rounds and with every other recoil spring change, change the firing pin spring.
Also if you are still on the original recoil spring, there is the possibility it is not fully returning to battery ( out of battery just a hair) and that is keeping it from lighting the primer off.
Replace both springs and since you have it apart at that point, might as well put in a new firing pin too.
View Quote

Happy to do a rebuild. Is there somewhere to get a kit of internals?
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 2:22:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Op, that’s an incredible testament to the reliability of that pistol.  I’m glad to hear it, too as I just picked up a GSG 1911 22lr a couple of weeks ago.  Only have about a hundred rounds through it, but I absolutely love it.

I stumbled upon this website for parts.  Are they gtg or do you recommend another site?

https://www.taylor-tactical-supply.com/gsg-1911-22lr-s/146.htm
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 3:20:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Op, that’s an incredible testament to the reliability of that pistol.  I’m glad to hear it, too as I just picked up a GSG 1911 22lr a couple of weeks ago.  Only have about a hundred rounds through it, but I absolutely love it.

I stumbled upon this website for parts.  Are they gtg or do you recommend another site?

https://www.taylor-tactical-supply.com/gsg-1911-22lr-s/146.htm
View Quote

I have ordered from them a few times. Gtg for sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top