Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2015 10:07:16 AM EDT
I have been shooting SMK69 grain bullets in my bull barred target ar for some time and I am impressed. However, lately, they are difficult to find. There appears to be a new Sierra 69 grain bullet out or I have just discovered it. They are a tad more expensive but their BCs are higher as well. The bullet has a polymer tip. Anyone experienced shooting these and if so how do they compare. My barrels all have m4 feeds.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:41:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Both available at Midwayusa now.  Accuracy same out of my bolt gun. Bullet length may be a problem in an auto??  
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:45:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:37:08 PM EDT
[#3]
My only concern with them is that to keep them at mag length, you have to load them deeper into the brass.  As I've not tried them, maybe that's a good thing or maybe that will limit the case capacities on some powders.  Time and the marketplace will tell.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:36:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I had no problems finding the 69 SMK:

http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/index.html

But yes- the 69 TMK is out.  It's still a little early for all the testing etc to see, out in the field, how they work.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:13:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:47:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Sierra 69 gr Bullets base. The plastic tip bullet has a larger diameter base and no pressure ring. The HP has a .0002" pressure ring.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top