Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2008 8:58:28 PM EDT
I got an 870 a couple weeks ago . its an 18in came with a tactical choke and its the 6+1 , wish i could take pics so i didnt have to deeply describe lol

I got a 5 shell holding stock sock from chinamart for 5 bucks i just seen it when getting ammo so i grabbed it. it actually fits nice and tight and hold 5 shells on the stock nicely
today im at the indoor range shooting which is also a gun store.
i seen they had tac star side saddles . so i grabbed one for 30 bucks. came home and put it on . then my girlfriend says thats silly with 11 extra shells on there.
i thought it was a good thing and it looks cool to me too
so whats Arcoms answer on this one should i lose the 5 dollar saddle sock
lol
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 3:35:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a stock sock on mine but the elastic stretched out too much to hold the shells.

I keep it on because it keeps my cheek from getting sore firing slugs, it slides along the stock not my cheek.

It also is warmer when I'm out deer hunting than just the stock alone.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 8:15:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Stock Sock and a Side Saddle on my Remington 870. I'm currently in the process of setting up my FN SLP the same way.

I use my shotguns for work. I can't carry extra shells on my duty belt so I carry them on the shotgun. Seven in the firearm, six on the side saddle, five on the stock sock. Total of 18 rounds. I keep an extra shoulder bag in my trunk along with the shotgun but hey... 18 on the shotgun is better the nothing.

Yeah, I work a a LEO.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 1:29:14 PM EDT
[#3]
cool thanks now i know im not the only one
i dont think you can have to much ammo on a shotgun
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 3:46:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I like them myself. I used one on my 870 last weekend for duck hunting and it came in handy for quick reloads.

For an HD shotgun a sidesaddle and stock sock allow you to "fight with what is in and on the gun"

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top