Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2001 12:37:37 AM EDT
I was flipping through the latest Shotgun News and saw the CDNN Investments ad for the Siaga AK action rifle.  Does anyone know anything about these, or know of a site with some detailed information?  The rifle seems pretty inexpensive for what it is, so I figure maybe just something fun to shoot with.  Plus it doesn't become an "assault weapon" when you add a detachable mag, unlike the SKS (in California), at least for now.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 11:36:31 PM EDT
[#1]
do ya want the good news or bad news?

bad news -- ALL saiga's are considered Assault Weapons under kalif law, so your SOL.

good news -- the saiga series of rifles and shotguns are really well made firearms, and for the low cost that cdnn is selling them id get a couple. they make them in 762x39, 308 heavy barrel and in shotguns -- 410, 20, 12.
i got the 762x39 and 12ga, while my brother has the 410, and they have been totally reliable, and great fun to shoot (especially the shotguns). that 410 shotgun bump fires like a dream. All saigas come with a side mounting plate for scopes or red dots.
-- my only complaint for the saiga series is the mag situation, factory mags are usually very hard to find and can be very expensive. cdnn has these for cheap, so it would be wise to get about 5. the 762x39 does NOT have a feed ramp in the gun, so the front of the mag is ramped, so using an AK mag will only jam the gun. now if you take an AK mag, some JB weld, or tig weld it the front notched out area, then it will work prefectly. the shotguns are not allowed to hold more than 5 rnds in the mag, via the 94 AW ban.
these guns were designed to be SPORTING ARMS, not military weapons, unfortnately some people can not accept that fact about these guns.

check out this board for one of the only active Saiga firearms site around boards.guns.ru/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Saiga&number=15

www.kalashnikov.guns.ru
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top