User Panel

Site Notices
SiCo Omega modularness (Page 1 of 19)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 19
Posted: 1/5/2016 7:34:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 021411]
Modularness isn't even a word.

Modularity? Yes please. Thanks BigWaylon in facilitating the creation of the third party parts for the Omega. My Omega is still in jail and I wanted to be able to utilize the Saker MAAD trifecta mount on it. With a few interests, the adapter was made..
In addition to the titanium adapter, Ti end caps for 7.62 and 5.56 were also made and also a steel blast shield.

http://i.imgur.com/lqFy9TL.jpg

The adapter length is long enough to cover my chopped 2 port brake and essentially acts as a blast shield when going can-less

http://i.imgur.com/s7oivqA.jpg

However I can always screw on the shield

http://i.imgur.com/XFlt0yq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZWw5LwY.jpg

Link Posted: 1/5/2016 7:50:50 PM EDT
[#1]
No pics.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 7:53:52 PM EDT
[#2]
The links should be clickable.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 8:03:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Imgur is blocking links from ar15.com. Copy and paste the URL in your browser to view images.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 8:23:13 PM EDT
[#4]
How much was the endcap?
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 8:29:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Can OP or BW IM on how to get the blast shield tube to screw on the ASR mount? I've got the one they offer but I still want a smoother looking one similar to the Surefire.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 9:26:25 PM EDT
[#6]
The blast shield tube I have is made to screw on the ASR mount since it's the same thread pitch as the Ti adapter I have.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 9:34:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 9:36:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#8]
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 9:45:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 021411:
The blast shield tube I have is made to screw on the ASR mount since it's the same thread pitch as the Ti adapter I have.
View Quote

Exactly. I already have a spare ASR mount. I'm just wanting the tube to screw on it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 7:47:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

$45/shipped. He made those two with the standard 6 Omega holes. Made mine with 3 Omega holes and 3 Saker holes, so that it doesn't matter which wrench I had handy.

http://s22.postimg.org/vhcum63ld/image.jpg

FWIW...somebody contacted him to order some Ti end caps and a Ti DT adapter. I was up there today talking to him about it, as I'd asked for the DT module last week. Probably going to be 3-4 weeks before he can get to them.  Aiming for flush mount like the SiCo piece, and mine will have the staggered 6 holes like the end cap.  I think that's what the other guy wanted, too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Assaulter:
How much was the endcap?

$45/shipped. He made those two with the standard 6 Omega holes. Made mine with 3 Omega holes and 3 Saker holes, so that it doesn't matter which wrench I had handy.

http://s22.postimg.org/vhcum63ld/image.jpg

FWIW...somebody contacted him to order some Ti end caps and a Ti DT adapter. I was up there today talking to him about it, as I'd asked for the DT module last week. Probably going to be 3-4 weeks before he can get to them.  Aiming for flush mount like the SiCo piece, and mine will have the staggered 6 holes like the end cap.  I think that's what the other guy wanted, too.

Whats the total cost for end cap and thread on insert?  I guess I could IM you.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 8:51:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 11:51:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#12]
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 12:02:17 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd love to get those end caps!
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 12:04:30 AM EDT
[#14]

For anybody that ordered the Ti Omega/MAAD adapter...I think they're shipping out Monday. I stopped by there earlier this week with an Omega and screwed all 25 into the tube just to make sure there wasn't an issue. Did a sample test on the MAAD mount on the other end, and everything seems to be good. Got machinist a copy of all the orders so he'll have mailing addresses. I think he said he was using the small USPS flat rate boxes, so everybody should have them before the end of the week. Be interested to here your thoughts.

I know some others have asked for end caps, and at least one emailed him asking about a direct thread adapter. Not sure when that stuff will get done, but I'll post it up when I see it. He's going to try to duplicate the specs of the SiCo direct thread mount so that it's flush with the tube (unlike the one I had made elsewhere). Then he'll work on the YHM version. Once he gets the YHM threads right, it wouldn't take much work to adapt it to other applications (F1 cans, etc).
View Quote

Cool! Looking forward to getting mine.

With regard to direct thread adapters, what about ones that incorporate higher side walls, kind of like the new ASR adapter, to protect the threads inside the Omega from fouling?

He could also make the exterior of the thread mount (where SilencerCo put wrench flats to help remove adapters that got stuck to the barrel) hex shaped (instead of wrench flats) to allow one to drop a socket in there to remove the thread mount should it stick.

Link Posted: 1/10/2016 12:05:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 12:09:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#16]
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 12:12:36 AM EDT
[#17]
is there a sound difference in putting the 5.56 cap on it?
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 12:17:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 12:22:00 AM EDT
[#19]
i'd be down for a 5.56 cap when everything gets worked out. if i can, i'd cancel my order with DM if he gets the yhm adapter worked out
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 12:25:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 12:30:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#21]
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 5:47:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#22]
I don't remember if I ever posted this pic...but it's one of the neatest things he's made me. As background, I have three Ti tubes from DM and three SS from Apogee. I have the Saker style notches cut in them, three per cap like the Omega/MAAD adapter. I ended up having some issues getting the Saker wrenches to grab them good after I Cerakoted them and got some over spray on the threads. So, I asked him to make me two bottle-opener style wrenches that would engage all three slots at the same time. Since my Ti tube caps are slightly different sized than the SS tube caps, I had him make each one with two different ends so I could use the two wrenches on a single can at the same time. I was expecting some basic wrench, and these are almost works of art with some extra machining in Stainless Steel. (As an added bonus, one end happens to fit the Omega/MAAD adapter perfectly...which is why I may have him mill the same slots on my DT adapter).

http://s2.postimg.org/dz5xg5smx/image.jpg
View Quote

WOW! Those are beautiful!
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 6:35:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Blash shield + Ti .223 endcap for us Saker people please!
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 8:14:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 6:26:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 6:48:23 PM EDT
[#26]

Anybody get their adapter? I know most were mailed out Monday.
View Quote

I received mine yesterday. Looks great and attached to the Omega and an ASR MAAD mount perfectly.

Would love to get a front end cap with both wrench notches.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 12:20:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: drbill] [#27]
Got mine couple days ago.  Work fine on Omega and Big Bore.  I assume will work the same on the Hybrid?
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:49:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:57:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: doubleshot00] [#29]

TBD.

The ASR adapter for the Hybrid has a different part number. Won't know until somebody has one in their hands. The good news is it shouldn't be too tough to alter the adapter, as the inner MAAD taper and external threads won't change. It'll just be a matter of adjusting the other threads and/or OD if it doesn't fit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By drbill:
Got mine couple days ago.  Work fine on Omega and Big Bore.  I assume will work the same on the Hybrid?

TBD.

The ASR adapter for the Hybrid has a different part number. Won't know until somebody has one in their hands. The good news is it shouldn't be too tough to alter the adapter, as the inner MAAD taper and external threads won't change. It'll just be a matter of adjusting the other threads and/or OD if it doesn't fit.

I was going to ask Scott to check as soon as he has my Hybrid in hand. Or maybe if your ever over there?
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 11:44:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 1:09:32 PM EDT
[#31]

He has one of the adapters, so he could check when it gets there. I know I asked him to do that, but I'll remind him sometime. I should see him in a month or so, as I have two cans that the CC was charged 9/16, and also the next gun show is in Feb. maybe he'll have one by then.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By doubleshot00:
I was going to ask Scott to check as soon as he has my Hybrid in hand. Or maybe if your ever over there?

He has one of the adapters, so he could check when it gets there. I know I asked him to do that, but I'll remind him sometime. I should see him in a month or so, as I have two cans that the CC was charged 9/16, and also the next gun show is in Feb. maybe he'll have one by then.

Good deal. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 2:22:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Will these work on a specwar? I may have to pick one up.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 5:42:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#33]
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 2:11:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 4:29:03 PM EDT
[#35]
I haven't used me, but it sure is nicely made.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 11:08:15 PM EDT
[#36]

He has a Saker end cap of mine to measure. So, that's in the works at some point.

What kind of blast shield?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By joshv06:
Blash shield + Ti .223 endcap for us Saker people please!

He has a Saker end cap of mine to measure. So, that's in the works at some point.

What kind of blast shield?

I've been wanting a blast shield for for my Saker MAAD mount.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Ordered a Hybrid 9mm end cap and received it today.  Fits on the Omega same as Omega end caps.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 6:59:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 12:35:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Hmm.

Are the Omega baffles large enough for 9mm to pass through?
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 1:00:39 AM EDT
[#40]
I figured out the Hybrid has the same front cap threads as the Omega. Hybrid anchor?... I didnt want to order a Hybrid ASR mount or Hybrid 1/2 rear if I wont use them.  I already have an ASR, 1/2, 5/8 rear Omega/Big Bore mount.  I'm hoping the rear of the Hybrid is the same as the Omega.  I guess I could just call them.  That was my point.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 1:52:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Oh my .... is it to late to get in on this greatness? I would be VERY interested in all of these. I will send an IM tomorrow. Perhaps I missed al link, but I looked at all of the pictures and yes I must be getting these......
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 9:11:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Hilljack:
Hmm.

Are the Omega baffles large enough for 9mm to pass through?
View Quote

Now this could be a game-changer......
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 10:32:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#43]
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 10:08:34 AM EDT
[#44]

If you're referring to the Omega/MAAD adapter, the last one from the first batch sold yesterday morning. I'm guessing he'll make some more, just not sure how many or when. Only 18 sold in the preorder, and he went ahead and made 25. The last several sold fairly slow for something that isn't readily available.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SCDonttreadonme:
Oh my .... is it to late to get in on this greatness? I would be VERY interested in all of these. I will send an IM tomorrow. Perhaps I missed al link, but I looked at all of the pictures and yes I must be getting these......

If you're referring to the Omega/MAAD adapter, the last one from the first batch sold yesterday morning. I'm guessing he'll make some more, just not sure how many or when. Only 18 sold in the preorder, and he went ahead and made 25. The last several sold fairly slow for something that isn't readily available.

I'm late to the party. Who is this "he" everyone refers to and how do I contact him?

Thanks guys. I' just trying to gear up for a suppressor.

Greg
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 12:12:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12Ring] [#45]
Can somebody IM me the con tact info for the person making these please? I really would like to order a .556 end cap. Thank you
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 12:50:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#46]
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 3:52:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Handled, and handled.
View Quote

You sir are my kind of people.
If you make it to a NRA annual meeting please let me buy you an adult beverage.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 8:50:20 AM EDT
[#48]

Handled, and handled.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By GLShooter:

I'm late to the party. Who is this "he" everyone refers to and how do I contact him?

Originally Posted By 12Ring:

Can somebody IM me the contact info for the person making these please? I really would like to order a .556 end cap. Thank you

Handled, and handled.

Can you provide that info as well?

Im thinking of getting 2 Omegas, and if I do, would want to use the Omega-MAAD adapter
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 8:56:41 AM EDT
[#49]

Handled, and handled.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GLShooter:

Originally Posted By 12Ring:
Can somebody IM me the contact info for the person making these please? I really would like to order a .556 end cap. Thank you

Handled, and handled.

Would you be so kind as to add me to that list?
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 10:26:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 19
SiCo Omega modularness (Page 1 of 19)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top