Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 5/26/2010 7:55:34 PM EDT
HI,
I have a DSA SA58 16" carbine that I really like. I'm wanting to see some pics of your "tactical" rifles. It doesn't have to be the actual tactical model, but I would like to see your ideas on this type of FAL.

Thanks,
Kirk
Link Posted: 5/26/2010 8:43:23 PM EDT
My idea is a quad railed 18" gun with railed dust cover. With that you essentially have the same options as an AR.

More tacticalness would be a para folding stock.

My future SHTF do most everything rifle is going to be my FAL. It is goin to have a .308 calibrated 4x ACOG(I missed one for $625 on the EE this week), a sure fire high output weapn light with filter(for inside), a stock mounted mag pouch, and a detachable bipod. After that a good green or red laser sight might be mounted too depending on my visibility through the ACOG. Oh and I am shedding some weight using a YHM flash hider instead of my long ribbed flash hider.

I have 20-20 round mags for my rifle. I figure I'll load two or three with a suitable indoor defensive ammo and the rest with better longer range terminal performance.
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 4:32:28 PM EDT
I have G1 kit on entreprise type 3 it is my SHTF go 2 gun. It as a 1.5-4.5 Tasco World Class with Warne QD med high rings, the ring do rezero. I would like to put a 18" barrel on it with a better scope in the 1-5 power range, and Tac light of somekind. But here is a pic of my FAL.

Enjoy,
Stone
Link Posted: 5/28/2010 4:20:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/28/2010 6:48:02 PM EDT
I keep seeing your Para posted. Please stop(j/k) you are making me want one really bad.

Serious question though. How do you like the AFG compared to a VFG? I will be geting one or the other and would like to get it right the first time. I don't have super long arms so I hold pretty close to the magwell for comfort.

I'm thinking a short or medium length VFG or AFG will be what I go with. I
Link Posted: 5/29/2010 3:07:15 PM EDT
Hi Everyone,
Here is a pic of my rifle in progress. I have a few other things I'm going to add to it.

Thanks,
Kirk

Link Posted: 5/29/2010 4:21:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/29/2010 4:24:53 PM EDT by Bgu301]
Originally Posted By lunyou:
I keep seeing your Para posted. Please stop(j/k) you are making me want one really bad.

Serious question though. How do you like the AFG compared to a VFG? I will be geting one or the other and would like to get it right the first time. I don't have super long arms so I hold pretty close to the magwell for comfort.

I'm thinking a short or medium length VFG or AFG will be what I go with. I

Its great. I am short 5 6" so it is somewhat forward, but I like it better than when I had a vfg on it...I would like the stocks LOP shortened by maybe an inch, but all and all, its a great setup. I have not had a chance to shoot it since I added the comp or the afg and eotech, just playing w/ it around the house...it is somewhat heavy as it makes even my heaviest ar feel light!!! I have maybe 80 rounds through it, but I have loaded up, I just have been working so much I have not had a chance to take it out to our property to shoot that is about 3 hours away...I would be there this weekend, but the rain puts a damper on things.

edit - the ergo is such a great grip on this, for me, I did not like the angle of the std fal grip.
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 10:52:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 9:31:37 AM EDT
Don't know how "tactical" you want to go, but here's my DSA SA58 carbine with a Weaver 1-3X
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 9:47:38 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DaffyDuck:
Don't know how "tactical" you want to go, but here's my DSA SA58 carbine with a Weaver 1-3X
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/CletusYokel/Browning%20High%20Power/IMG_4673.jpg

Very "tactical" with the optional attack cat.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 10:14:24 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DaffyDuck:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/CletusYokel/Browning%20High%20Power/IMG_4673.jpg

Is that a polymer lower?
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 9:08:26 AM EDT

Add a light and this is about all I could ask for in a tactical FAL. Good stuff.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 11:57:08 AM EDT
Argy upper / DSA lower. IOR Valdada fixed 4x with CQB reticle. I feel ready for pretty much any tactical situation between 20 and 500 yards. Not #1 for inside a house, and adding a shorter barrel and folding stock would not improve it for that use. Even a 16" AR is kinda big for swinging round a house - I'd stick to the P220 for that, or maybe my FN SLP...

FYI, the rule for FAL pics at the files is "booze, concrete and feet - magazine inserted" - thus this pic.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:30:53 PM EDT
imbel on imbel...as tacticool as i can get now...may get rid of the bipod...makes it pretty heavy....

Link Posted: 6/20/2010 7:10:17 PM EDT

Link Posted: 6/20/2010 9:04:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/20/2010 9:25:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By falafull:

Looks nice but why do you have a heavy STG flashider on her?
Because I like it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2010 9:29:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/21/2010 8:18:19 AM EDT
Originally Posted By P345PR_AR-15:
[url=http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq175/P345PR_AR15/FA<SNIP>

What cheek rest is that? I need one of those....
Link Posted: 6/21/2010 3:29:10 PM EDT

Because I like it.

How much does she weigh?

Link Posted: 6/21/2010 4:24:35 PM EDT

Because I like it.

How much does she weigh?

I don't remember, I would have to weigh it again. It's not lite. I have taken the bipod, adapter and VFG off.
Link Posted: 6/23/2010 7:55:16 PM EDT
Here's a few pics of mine. Trying to figure out if I like the vert grip, hand stop, and acog.

Link Posted: 6/23/2010 10:45:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/27/2010 8:07:49 PM EDT by lunyou]
I finally got mine tactical enough to fit here.

There will be more additions like an ACOG, a YHM flashhider, and a surefire weapon light.
Link Posted: 6/24/2010 6:00:42 AM EDT
Its a DSA picatinny gas block. I also got their picatinny lower receiver. That way I have rails all along the top at an equal height, and can use standard BUIS and cowitness with an optic if I choose. Just a word of advice, get the Troy stubby sights, they are lower than standard ar15 sights, and really help with guns like the xcr, and fal which have the a higher sight line, and trouble with cheek weld and sight alignment.
Link Posted: 6/24/2010 9:02:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Xela:
Its a DSA picatinny gas block. I also got their picatinny lower receiver. That way I have rails all along the top at an equal height, and can use standard BUIS and cowitness with an optic if I choose. Just a word of advice, get the Troy stubby sights, they are lower than standard ar15 sights, and really help with guns like the xcr, and fal which have the a higher sight line, and trouble with cheek weld and sight alignment.

I have the railed dustcover.....will that work with the gas block? I sent an email to DSA but haven't heard back.
Link Posted: 6/25/2010 11:07:52 AM EDT
Originally Posted By lunyou:
Originally Posted By Xela:

I have the railed dustcover.....will that work with the gas block? I sent an email to DSA but haven't heard back.

If its just the dust cover it should work. I have a railed dust cover on mine and it dosnt hurt the gas port. Keep us posted on what DSA says.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:14:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2010 1:15:32 PM EDT by pwr2al4]

Because I like it.

How much does she weigh?

That is my exact setup as well minus the para stock and the FH. Its heavy. I started out with a harris up front and a VFG plus a zeiss scope. I removed the bipod and VFG almost immediately and last night finally said hell with it and took off the scope. I cant get groups out of my fal that are tight enough to warrant anything but a red dot or perhaps a small acog. I think Im just gonna stick with irons.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:55:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2010 4:56:21 PM EDT by DarkNite]

My "Ding-Dong, the AWB is DEAD" rifle. DSA Type 2 upper, DSA lightweight para lower, DSA Extreme optic rail cover, DSA extended selector, FN SAW grip, Brazilian Para barrel.
Put together by Mark Graham at ARS.

Not too long after I got it the cheap .308 surplus market dried up so it doesn't see as much play as I wished...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:03:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2010 6:03:56 PM EDT by shadrach]
The rifle above is my dream rifle. I screwed up and purchased a Armalite Ar-10C Crome lined 16" and just am not happy with it. Should have held out and bought what I wanted...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:36:59 PM EDT
Lean Tactical Model

Top Top