Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2005 5:16:08 PM EDT
I found some WOLF brand 2 3/4" shot shells with 1 oz rifled slugs for $0.44/shell, delivered to my door.  It was $110/250 shells.  

Is this a good product?  I've never used any WOLF ammo before (Russian?)

Is this a good price for the product?  Does anyone have a better price?

Is there a better VALUE out there - better product, albeit at a higher price?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:28:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I found Brennkee at Dicks Sporting goods for $1.50 a box for slugs and $2.00 for OO Buck.

Best deal I have found so far.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:29:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I anm shooting an HK Fabarms FP 6 that doesn't really care for Remmington reduced or managed recoil slugs, I have been shooting Wolf  Slugs and getting 5" groups at 50 yds with no cycling problems. I must admit however, this is the only wolf ammunition I will use. The rifle and pistol remain sacrosanct, no Wolf.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:49:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you consider 5" groups at 50 yards good accuracy?  Does other ammo do better or worse?

Is the price a good price?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:10:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I shoot 1 oz. Winchester slugs from Wally World.  It's something like $7.50/15 slugs.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:36:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 11:33:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, guys, I ordered the Wolf ammo from MidwayUSA.  They will be here Thursday.  I'll let you know how they perform.  That AMMOMAN deal sounds pretty good, too.  For $9 more I would have definitely purchased the US-made ammo from WW, if I'd known about it sooner.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:21:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I shoot 1 oz. Winchester slugs from Wally World.  It's something like $7.50/15 slugs.

I was in my local Wally World on Sunday and they had a ton of these Winchester slugs in the 15 round boxes on clearance for $2.00/box!  I bought a few.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:51:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Believe it or not, there are no Walmarts anywhere near where I live.  Does "WW" refer to Wally World (Walmart) or Winchester-Western?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:01:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:34:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I have used the Wolf slugs, they seem to be pretty accurate.  Out of 5 shots in a "string" my first one was a flyer (shot too high),  three of them overlapped and the fourth was about 1.5" away from the group of three.  this was at 25 yards with a bead sight, so I consider that pretty decent.

5" at 50 yards sounds like a good grouping to me.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:34:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't know why anyone likes slugs.....get a rifle
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:36:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I don't know why anyone likes slugs.....get a rifle

Because some of us don't live in states where you can hunt with centerfire weapons.

Some ranges (such as my local one) don't let you fire shot on a paper target at 25 yards. The only way to function test your gun while at a rifle station is to use slugs.

They will blow a lock to pieces unlike a rifle (see the box o' truth vs. locks)

They allow you to use a shotgun as an imprompotu rifle simply by changing ammo types

They give a good kick which is fun
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:23:05 PM EDT
[#13]
The Wolf slugs are quality shells made in Germany.  I was skeptical until a friend gave me a few boxes to try.  They are now the Slug of choise for one of my 870's.

You will often have to try a variety of slugs in your SGN to find what shoots the best in YOUR gun though.

I have 4 Shotguns and one is zeroed with Wolf, one with Rottweil Brenneke short magnum, and two with Rem Low Recoil, becuase thats what MY guns shoot the best with.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:58:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

They give a good kick which is fun

I totlally agree.  My shotgun is bitchin'.   It's my new "favorite toy".

I have rifles.  I LOVE rifles.

I have handguns.  I LOVE rifles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top