Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 6/16/2003 3:01:26 PM EDT
I need to reduce the pull on a Remington polymer stock. Any body done this, any different than doing a wood stock?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:05:49 PM EDT
It depends on which Remington synthetic stock you have. If you have the older one that uses a regular recoil pad, you can cut it down but might want to reinforce it with some epoxy when you re-drill the holes to re-mount the recoil pad. The recoil pad can be ground down to match the contour of the shortened stock.
If you have one of the newer synthetic stocks where the recoil pad actually fits inside the stock, you will have difficulty cutting it down because it is completely hollow inside. I guess you could fill it with epoxy to mount a regular recoil pad but the new pad can't be ground down to fit inside the shortened stock.
The new Remington stocks seem very cheap in my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 4:33:43 AM EDT
I have a newer one w/ pad on inside. I tried to cut & pad no longer lines up:( Purchased a SpeedFeed w/ LOP of 13" & its perfect for me. Also comes w/ side sling adapter.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 2:05:14 PM EDT
Hogue makes a reduced LOP shotgun stock. Check out Midway for details.

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:06:30 PM EDT
Thanks to all for your replys. acr
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:27:40 PM EDT
When I cut a synthetic stock, I usually cut a piece of wood 1" thick and sand it down so that it will fit inside the shortened stock. Then I glass it in place. This gives you something to screw the recoil pad screw to.

Make sure you drill out the wood for the stock bolt BEFORE you glass it in.

Thanks,
Lee
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 2:01:32 AM EDT
This is a great site! TThanks again for all the assistance. acriii
Top Top