Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2006 1:50:24 PM EDT
I've checked a couple places locally... no one that I've checked with seems to have a 9mm CX4 Storm that takes 92 mags.  One place has a few of the ones that take the Cougar mags for $549.  I'd be happy at that price.    A couple places I checked that don't have them price them at $619 and $650.  I wouldn't be comfortable dropping more than $600 on a NIB rifle.  

I've checked out Gunbroker, and found a few CX4s, but they're either too much for the bare rifle, or they have a few accessories already on them, and they're still a too much!  

Anyone got any good ideas on where to look?  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:31:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Cal's has them on sale right now for $550. With shipping and transfer you should be able to get one for $600 or under.  Link
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:01:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Matthew, check Bachmans in dallas they had storms for 599 but they were full decked out with all the rails and everything.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:51:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I've decided I'm going to get one of the ones that the local store has for $549.  I checked on the Beretta forums, and I can easily change the mag adapter and tweak the mag catch so that it will take 92 mags.  And a guy on the Beretta forum wants the mags that come with the rifle, so that should offset the small cost of the adapter.  

I'm just waiting on Paypal to drop the funds into my bank.  I might be able to go pick it up on Saturday, else I'll have to wait until Tuesday, since the store is close on Sunday and  Monday.  (sucks because I'm off those two days, in addition to Saturday)

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:22:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I love my 9mm, big time, really acurute, and just fun as hell to shoot. ive got 323 rd mags for it. I really want to upgrade to  a 45, but still haevnt seen any big mags for them yet??
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:02:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Does the regular Storm take 92FS mags? I assume they do and those are the ones you want.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:18:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Does the regular Storm take 92FS mags? I assume they do and those are the ones you want.

Skag, they have a 9mm that takes 92fs mags, and one that takes Cougar mags.  There's a slip in magazine adapter that is different, and the mag catch is a little different.  It's not too difficult to change it around, and I found that I can get the mag adapter for about $14 shipped from Beretta.  I could sell the Cougar mags that come with the rifle to cover that, and then just score some hicap magazines and be set.  

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:50:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Skag, they have a 9mm that takes 92fs mags, and one that takes Cougar mags.  There's a slip in magazine adapter that is different, and the mag catch is a little different.  It's not too difficult to change it around, and I found that I can get the mag adapter for about $14 shipped from Beretta.  I could sell the Cougar mags that come with the rifle to cover that, and then just score some hicap magazines and be set.  

So it would be better to just buy the Storm already set up for 92FS mag? I want to get some hi-caps for it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:16:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Skag, there is apparently a price difference, and it appears to be cheaper to convert a Cougar 9mm CX4 into a 92 and sell the magazines that came with it.  

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:05:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I think there was a price increase first of the year, so finding one under $600 might become extremely difficult.  If you find it, buy it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:18:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I am waiting and hopeing that Glock will start to make one to go w/ my Glock 9MM's.

Later,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:29:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Found a used one on Gunbroker, so I snagged it for $504 plus shipping.  Not bad.  The local shop that was going to get me one that takes Cougar mags (I would convert it to use 92 mags) for $549 can't get anymore.  I checked other local shops... Sportsman's Warehouse didn't have any at the moment, and their price was $619.  McBride's had one, but they want $655 for it.  One place called 'Cost Plus 10%' may or may not have actually had one, but they wanted $650.  

Geeze, prices must have gone up on these things!  I recall someone saying a local shop had the 9mm CX4 for $529 shortly after they came out.  

I don't think this one will have any mags, so I'll order a couple 20 round MecGar mags from Midway USA.  It doesn't have the case it came in, but it does look like it has one of the side rails on it, which I wanted anyway.  I want to get the other side rail, and the top rail.  Set up a three point sling on the left side, get a weapon light for the right side, and some manner of dot sight on the top.  

I'll post a review/range report once I get it and get some rounds through it!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top