Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2007 9:41:00 AM EST
Is that an EDM Windrunner in the trailer?

Trailer here
Link Posted: 2/8/2007 10:54:50 AM EST

Originally Posted By thedoctors308:
Is that an EDM Windrunner in the trailer?

Trailer here

It does look like a modified Windrunner.
I paused it at the side view of the rifle. The Windrunner doesn't have a barrel shroud like the rifle in the trailed, and the Windrunner has the bi-pod right in front of the magazine half-way down the barrel like the rifle in trailer.
Link Posted: 2/8/2007 2:40:39 PM EST
It is the Cheyenne tactical rifle

LINKY
Link Posted: 2/8/2007 2:55:48 PM EST

Originally Posted By ARMED-PILOT:

LINKY

If I read their website correctly, they offer a "de-accurized" Model 200 to civilians.
Can someone explain that to me.
Link Posted: 2/8/2007 4:13:56 PM EST
Oh dear God...Markey Mark as a sniper. What will Hollywood think of next?
Link Posted: 2/8/2007 4:17:36 PM EST
Too bad such a liberal is the lead character. I smell an agenda in there somewhere. Otherwise it looks like a great movie.
Link Posted: 2/10/2007 3:45:48 AM EST
no kidding. and danny "i'm leaving america if gw gets elected" glover as a supporting actor? i smell a rat.

either there is a rat or they are more hypocritical than i imagined.
Link Posted: 2/10/2007 11:37:26 AM EST

Originally Posted By septic-tank13:
no kidding. and danny "i'm leaving america if gw gets elected" glover as a supporting actor? i smell a rat.

either there is a rat or they are more hypocritical than i imagined.

There is a copy of the 9/11 Commision Report on Swagger's desk...
Dear god I hope that has nothing to do with the movie.
Link Posted: 2/12/2007 5:43:00 AM EST
I'm hoping the whole update of the film (Bob being some modern OEF/OIF vet versus our favorite VN War PTSD case) doesn't ruin a lot of the character.

Walhberg might not ruin it. But archliberal Glover as Col. Schreck? He must have needed a paycheck REALLY bad.

I will of course be there opening night, having read more Steven Hunter than most people, but God I hope it doesn't suck.
Link Posted: 2/12/2007 5:15:37 PM EST
I'll probably go watch it as well, but I will spend my money on "300" first.

300 Link

That was the first trailer that was release way to early. Search for the others that have been released since then if you don't know what it is about.
Link Posted: 2/12/2007 11:36:03 PM EST
There is an agenda. Simply put, no crime has been committed in America with a 50 caliber rifle or any of the specialized long range cartridges or guns. Why? That's easy, not many criminals are willing to spend $5,000-12,000 dollars on a set-up for shooting 25 feet in a neighborhood.

In order to ban "sniper rifles and 50 caliber rifles" a crime has to be invented or a fraud created to induce criminals to buy them so they will be as cool as idiots in the movies.

In the last 18 months, starting with SWAT, Miami Vice, Smokin Aces and now this pile of crap, some version of 50BMG has been used by criminals to blast cars into chunks, dismember good guys or shoot across cities to kill FBI agents or the president.

As soon as the Hitlery/Obama Bin laden ticket gets to the Whitehouse the ban will come flying out of congress so fast your head will spin and this crappy movie will be used as an example of the "threat posed by 50BMG".
Link Posted: 2/13/2007 4:47:11 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/13/2007 4:59:32 AM EST by ozzy1038]

Originally Posted By lonegunman:
There is an agenda. Simply put, no crime has been committed in America with a 50 caliber rifle or any of the specialized long range cartridges or guns. Why? That's easy, not many criminals are willing to spend $5,000-12,000 dollars on a set-up for shooting 25 feet in a neighborhood.

In order to ban "sniper rifles and 50 caliber rifles" a crime has to be invented or a fraud created to induce criminals to buy them so they will be as cool as idiots in the movies.

In the last 18 months, starting with SWAT, Miami Vice, Smokin Aces and now this pile of crap, some version of 50BMG has been used by criminals to blast cars into chunks, dismember good guys or shoot across cities to kill FBI agents or the president.

As soon as the Hitlery/Obama Bin laden ticket gets to the Whitehouse the ban will come flying out of congress so fast your head will spin and this crappy movie will be used as an example of the "threat posed by 50BMG".

Oh what a DARK DARK day that would be!!!!!!!!!! I hate Hillary with a passion. I truly believe she is evil. Possibly the anti-christ.

The only "threat" posed by a .50 BMG is to any potential invaders if and when a situation ever arises where our government has collapsed or is inept and it is up to American citizens to protect our soil. I hope to god that never occurs, but you never can tell. New Orleans is a good example of how ineffective our government can be. Just imagine that on a nationwide scale! Scary as hell.

I just wonder how the revolutionary war would have panned out without armed citizens and guerilla warfare? If they disarm Americans, they are cutting off our last line of defense.
Link Posted: 2/13/2007 6:13:10 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/13/2007 6:21:13 AM EST by cms81586]
I don't know if I'm looking forward to this movie. The book is by far my favorite I've ever read but the movies are always a let down. Look at tom clancy books and the jack ryan series of movies. The story line never follows the book. It always ends up getting a hollywood twist that completely takes away from the storyline. The movie definitely takes the Vietnam part out and replaces it with the war in Iraq.

CMS
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 7:10:54 PM EST

Originally Posted By thedoctors308:

Originally Posted By ARMED-PILOT:

LINKY

If I read their website correctly, they offer a "de-accurized" Model 200 to civilians.
Can someone explain that to me.

$14K for that... wow. I'd take a Barrett M82A1 before that rifle any day...
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 2:30:56 AM EST
that rifle is 408cheytac, but guess what that whole dream by that company has gone away because no PD or fed agency is going to buy a rifle that only sample rifles were made for which the ammo is $7-10 per round and only available from one source.

All the cheytac guns were built by Bill Richie of EDM arms, cheytac don't have any cnc machines to build squat.

That is why 338 Lapua will be the next evolution in the long range shooting world, because the ammo is made by a lot of different companies on atleast 2 continents.

As far as .50bmg ban, you carve it in stone that within the next 3-7 years it will be banned whether single shot or semi or mag-fed bolt, they will all be govt. only guns. I dont think they will confiscate whats out here but future guns will be made for govt only like post-86 nfa mg's are.

338 Lapua could be put in that catagory too just don't know how much attention they pay to that round, but 50bmg is all over the www.vpc.org site and have been for several years.

My 2cents worth
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 6:48:51 AM EST
All I am saying is remember the movie, "Red Dawn"............it could happen.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 7:48:18 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/22/2007 11:37:58 AM EST by BM-ARM-DPMS-guns]
I've never fired a 408 CheyTac but understand it's not quite as rough as it appears. I also understand that some are necking the case to .375 and even .338. Apparently cases will be commercially (readily) available within a year or so. If nothing else it seems interesting from a technical perspective.

The pic below is a 6.8mm, .308 and the .408 for comparison.

Link Posted: 2/22/2007 11:20:55 AM EST
no pic showed up.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 11:39:04 AM EST

Originally Posted By septic-tank13:
no pic showed up.

Can you see it now? I see it on my screen.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 12:57:34 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/22/2007 12:58:42 PM EST by septic-tank13]
maybe i have a setting on my computer all messed up. i don't see any pictures in the body of your post...

ETA ****************

have you recently inhaled a can of gasline? that could explain some of it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 6:26:19 PM EST
I see it just fine.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 6:33:06 PM EST
got it now. i have no idea. maybe the gasoline can was in my room all along...

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:13:46 PM EST
Point of Impact is my all time favorite book and hunter is my favorite author. I've always thought it would be a great movie, if they could pull it off. The problem with pulling that book off as a movie (like the Tom Clancy Novels) is there is way to much story line and to many characters to cram into 120 minutes. I hope they didn't butcher it to bad. Though I have only seen the trailer my complaints strat with:
1. No airplane is blown up in Point of Impact.
2. Bob Lee Swagger does not have a southern accent in the movie leading me to believe the setting is wrong.
3. Swagger is supposed to be a recovering alcholic and the dog goes and gets him a beer.
4. The rifle is all wrong. Swaggers rifle was a Remmington 700 set up as a M40.
5. I do not recall anything exploding in the book but lots of stuff is blowing up in the movie.
6. Swagger is supposed to be in his 40s in the book. Mark Walberg is about 10 years to young.
7. Shrek is supposed to be a former Special Forces Colonel. Nothing about Danny Glover leads me to believe he can pull that role off.

With that said I will be there opening night. I will be sorely dissapointed if they do not at least convey the spirit of the book into the movie. I wonder how much say Hunter gets in the final product. If it comes out anything like the sum of all fears I will be highly upset.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Top Top