Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2004 4:15:22 PM EDT
Shame on you.  I was in the woods Sunday and I lost my mag clamp.  I went back with a metal detector to find it in the leaves, but couldn't.  I am afraid to leave the mag extension on it now so I'm back to my old mag cap and 4 rounds.  I never thought about a mag clamp untill I came to this site.  So shame on you.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:14:27 PM EDT
[#1]
lol some peoples kids
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#2]
If it came off that easy I don't think it was doing you any good anyway.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:51:57 AM EDT
[#3]
You wouldn't have lost it if you would have had a sling attached to it.  (Unless you happen to have a single-point sling or some other configuration.)  

A long gun without a sling is like a handgun without a holster.  

But seriously, you do need to have a mag clamp on there to protect the threads of your gun.  It's an expensive fix if you bump that extension and strip the receiver's threads.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:40:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I honestly believe that that mag clamp stuff is hooey. Your mag extension will be fine with out it.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:41:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I had cleaned the gun earlier and forgot to tighten the clamp back.  It is the same one used on Benelli shotguns.  One reason I like it is because it doesn't have a sling swivel on it.  I already have a sling swivel on my Wilson mag extension.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:32:00 PM EDT
[#6]
"I honestly believe that that mag clamp stuff is hooey. Your mag extension will be fine with out it. "

Bad advice right there - don't listen to it... Like someone else said, it's a very expensive fix after the mag tube gets damaged from being unsupported properly...

- georgestrings
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top