Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 10/27/2004 4:15:22 PM EDT
Shame on you. I was in the woods Sunday and I lost my mag clamp. I went back with a metal detector to find it in the leaves, but couldn't. I am afraid to leave the mag extension on it now so I'm back to my old mag cap and 4 rounds. I never thought about a mag clamp untill I came to this site. So shame on you.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:14:27 PM EDT
lol some peoples kids
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:00:57 PM EDT
If it came off that easy I don't think it was doing you any good anyway.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:51:57 AM EDT
You wouldn't have lost it if you would have had a sling attached to it. (Unless you happen to have a single-point sling or some other configuration.)

A long gun without a sling is like a handgun without a holster.

But seriously, you do need to have a mag clamp on there to protect the threads of your gun. It's an expensive fix if you bump that extension and strip the receiver's threads.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:40:35 AM EDT
I honestly believe that that mag clamp stuff is hooey. Your mag extension will be fine with out it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:41:58 AM EDT
I had cleaned the gun earlier and forgot to tighten the clamp back. It is the same one used on Benelli shotguns. One reason I like it is because it doesn't have a sling swivel on it. I already have a sling swivel on my Wilson mag extension.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:32:00 PM EDT
"I honestly believe that that mag clamp stuff is hooey. Your mag extension will be fine with out it. "

Bad advice right there - don't listen to it... Like someone else said, it's a very expensive fix after the mag tube gets damaged from being unsupported properly...

- georgestrings
Top Top