Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2011 6:58:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/28/2011 7:02:05 PM EDT by Warhawk]
I've picked up several leverguns in the last couple of weeks.

Picked up a Rossi Ranch Hand in .357 from the EE. This one is like new, I plan to chuck the bolt safety, add a steel magazine follower, and I may swap the big loop lever for a standard one. This one is the only Rossi I've seen that does not need an action job, it's very nice as is.

Marlin model 30TK. This one is a straight gripped, birch stocked 30-30 made for K-Mart. I'm a sucker for these straight grip Marlins. This one has some honest wear but is not abused. It was so cheap that I couldn't turn it down. Just gonna clean this one up and add a Williams peep sight.

I picked up this one today, Browning B92 in .357. Not many of these around and I probably paid too much for this one, considering the condition of the wood. It needs a refinish on the wood, and may get cut down and made into a trapper.

Not a lever gun, but this coach gun came back from Stoeger in the last 10 days or so. It got new wood and a good clean up while it was there. It's the Silverado model with a satin nickel finish.

Link Posted: 12/28/2011 9:37:36 PM EDT
nice browning you can always sell the big loop lever off that rossi and proably get the standard loop cheaper. good finds all of them
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 2:14:03 PM EDT
Looks good Warhawk. Do you know of any pistol grip stock that could be cut down to fit the Rossi? I'm sure one from a 336 wouldn't fit.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 2:28:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AirRaceFan:
Looks good Warhawk. Do you know of any pistol grip stock that could be cut down to fit the Rossi? I'm sure one from a 336 wouldn't fit.

The way the Marlin pistol grip stocks work is that you also need a pistol grip trigger plate. That would not work for the Rossi 92.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:12:58 PM EDT
I want to do an SBR on one of those ROSSI Ranch Hands.......just put a buttstock on it and a standard lever.......AFTER the paperwork of course!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:37:57 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TUMOR:
I want to do an SBR on one of those ROSSI Ranch Hands.......just put a buttstock on it and a standard lever.......AFTER the paperwork of course!

I've already talked to Steve Young about the lever, he'll swap this one for a standard lever for $25. That's gonna happen, and I need to do something about the sights.
Top Top