Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/28/2004 3:55:02 PM EDT
Hopefully some of you guys can help answer a few questiions.

1. How do you know if your rifle takes metric or inch mags?
2. What does the letter behind STG58 mean ie. STG58A, STG58C?
3. Any online sources on field stripping the rifle for cleaning?
4. What about Enterprise Arms? Any good?

Any other info you guys could provide would be appreciated

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:40:39 PM EDT
falfiles.com/forums .............The answer to all your questions.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:54:57 PM EDT
Thanks Davidp14. I should have done a google search before I posted
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:16:23 AM EDT
1. FAL mags have a lug on the front side that fits into a machined inlet in the front wall of the receiver mag well. 'Inch' mags have a relatively large lug welded to the mag body that corresponds to a relatively large horizontal rectangle inlet. 'Metric' mags have a lug formed by piercing and pushing out a small teat from the mag body. The corresponding inlet looks like a half-moon. 'Metric' mags often fit and function in a mag well cut for 'inch' mags, but 'inch' mags do not fit and function in a receiver cut for 'metric' mags.
2. The suffix letter is model designation from DS Arms.
3. See references on the FAL Files.
4. There are mixed consumer reviews on products from Entreprise.

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:41:10 AM EDT
inch on the left.....
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:35:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By HarlanFAC:
4. There are mixed consumer reviews on products from Entreprise.


That is a very tactful answer.
Top Top