Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/27/2005 7:34:20 PM EDT
Figured I'll try here since it really doesn't fall under the other areas, and it's not C3-related (directly).

Does anyone know what tools are neccessary to finish a Sten Mk.3 Semiauto 80% kit from www.semiautosten.com?

For $400~ and some of my time, I'd be more then willing to take a whack at building a sten!

Plus, 9mm is cheap!

So yeah, tools required? Anyone know? I've heard "Dremel tool" but.. Is that it? Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:36:07 PM EDT
there was a pretty good thread on this over on Gunco.net
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:59:53 PM EDT
tag, because I have sten mags I was planning to use with an AR 9mm conversion but who knows how long it will be until I get a 9mm upper
a sten would be higher on the cool factor though than a 9mm AR
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:24:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By WindDrake:

So yeah, tools required? Anyone know? I've heard "Dremel tool" but.. Is that it? Thanks!

Pretty much, but you'll need a welder for the barrel bushing.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:04:50 AM EDT
You'll need to extensively mahine the bolt (or make a new one) to take a separate firing pin & convert it to hammer-fired from a closed bolt. None of the original trigger parts will be allowed either. And you need a 16" barrel so the one in the kit won't work. That means you'll just be using the mag well, buttstock, and maybe extractor, from the kit.

Too much work, just buy a semi AR or Uz if you're looking for a 9 carbine.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:56:34 AM EDT
Somebody makes a Sten carbine. Valkyre (sp) I think. They make a M3 too.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:20:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By p-dog:
You'll need to extensively mahine the bolt (or make a new one) to take a separate firing pin & convert it to hammer-fired from a closed bolt. None of the original trigger parts will be allowed either. And you need a 16" barrel so the one in the kit won't work. That means you'll just be using the mag well, buttstock, and maybe extractor, from the kit.

Too much work, just buy a semi AR or Uz if you're looking for a 9 carbine.

they give you a barrel extension, bolt and firing pin, and hammer, among other things
Top Top