Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2002 7:30:22 AM EDT
Anyone else seen this yet?  He says he's only put one round through it, now he's selling at around 90% the original cost .  Who pays $2650 for a semi BAR, shoots it once, than sells it? Theres got to be something more going on here.

www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?ItemNum=2685209
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 7:44:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Toting that boat-anchor from the car to the firing line probably wore him out. Their great guns and very accurate, but tend to be on the heavy side.

Mike

PS- my uncle was the one who referred to the BAR as a boat-anchor, as he still to this day never understood why they'd (101st Airborne) give a 5'7" 155 pound guy (him in WWII) a BAR, then turn around and assign a 6'3" 210 pound guy just to tote his BAR ammo armed only w/ a 1911.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 9:05:10 PM EDT
[#2]
$2650 for a semi is a bargain when transferable FA BAR's are now topping $20K.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 11:29:40 PM EDT
[#3]
If it ain't full auto, it ain't really a Browning AUTOMATIC Rifle.  Why bother?
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 11:59:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If it ain't full auto, it ain't really a Browning AUTOMATIC Rifle.  Why bother?

I for one will buy a semi-automatic BAR because
I want a "firing"representation of the BAR.
$2700 is pricy but I need it to help complete
my collection.I also will get a semi-auto m60,
1919A4 Browning semi-auto(30-06) AND a .50M2 semi-auto.These are all high end firearms that
Will complement ANY gun collection.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 12:00:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm guessing that the fascination wore off after shooting it semi auto for a while and realizing how many rifles he could have for what it costs. I'd like to have one myself, but I can't justify that price for a very heavy semi auto rifle. I couldn't sleep in it either which is what I'd have to do if I brought it home and mama saw the price tag.

I agree with you.These weapons will be the
LAST purchases to complete a collection after
EVERYTHING else is in my safe.My wife is cool
but before I get a high $$$$gun,I'll probably
take her on a cruise or exotic vacation spot
to ease the shock when she sees the price tag.
I WON'T hide it from her.She likes to shoot and
thinks my gun collecting is cool AND fun to do.
She knows that she is welcome ANYTIME to grab
any gun I have and exclaim "Let's go shootin!"
I LOVE my wife!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top