Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 8/27/2005 10:33:03 AM EDT
Anybody seen these jam? How reliable are they? I can see waiting six months, spending nearly 10K for the package (scope, etc) and and having a wicked double feed with a near artillery shell...hat
Any information would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:42:00 PM EDT
[#1]
My Barrett 82A1  has run 100% all the time. Use good ammo not cheep crap.
As to a list if YOU have ever filled out a 4473 your on that hit list too. Don't kid your self.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:26:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think a jamming .50 would command a $10K price.  I've never heard of any particular jamming problems, haven't seen one do so either.  Doubt the military would honor the M107 (miltary designation for the 82A1M) as one of the greatest rifles if it did.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:25:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Anybody seen these jam? How reliable are they? I can see waiting six months, spending nearly 10K for the package (scope, etc) and and having a wicked double feed with a near artillery shell... (clearing that would be interesting). I bet you end up on a "special folks" list at ATF to boot.

Any information would be much appreciated.

No, so reliable that you can bet your life on it.  Mine goes bang every time I pull the triggger.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:37:26 AM EDT
[#4]
The rifles go through a lot of C inspections before they leave the Barrett shop. They are 100% reliable when they ship.
Of course you find the "home gunsmith" that always knows better than the manufacterer and will undoubtably screw it up. I saw that so many times when I worked there. Guns would come in that were so far out of spec it wasn't funny.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:14:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Awesome replies. Thanks very much. Well I guess the plasma screen, the 1911 and the SOCOM M1A will all have to wait. Barrett is all systems go. I also had a little bird (pilot) tell me retailers get a little over a grand if they go full retail? No way to know, but since no one offers anything like the 82A1 and I love Mr. Barrett's attitude (LAPD letter) this baby is a go. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:06:00 PM EDT
[#6]
10k?  Hmm, I can get you one for $7500 with Swarovski optics and 2 mags.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:28:53 AM EDT
[#7]
In 600 rounds  mine only jamed once due to a mag malfunction. Don't know why it happened, but 100 rounds later and still counting threw the same mag it never did it again.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:09:35 AM EDT
[#8]
You can see two empties in the air.  Also notice both feet off the ground.  

Good spot for hearing protection?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/want2race441/range4.jpg
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top