Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/16/2007 11:09:19 PM EDT
Any exist out there? I found a few full-auto but can't afford one. Where can I find a semi-auto one and hopefully it won't cost to much.....<$1,000. Thanks for any info!
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 2:54:08 AM EDT
Yeah, there's some out there. I remember them. I'd venture to say they'll be over $1000 though. There weren't that many brought into the country. There are some knock-offs of varying quality, so beware of that and know what you're actually looking at.

The real deal is the Sterling MK 6 carbine. It's the same thing as the SMG, but being semi-only, and using a closed bolt and a 16" barrel to meet ATF requirements of the time. They came in during the early-mid 80's and were imported by Cassi, and maybe others. IIRC they also brought in a pistol, but I may be mistaken.

Anyway, it's going to be hard to find, but they're out there.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 5:42:01 AM EDT
Semi Auto Sterlings do exist, but are in the $2K price range from what I have seen when they do pop up.

If they wre a bit more affordable I would get one myself. If you are the real do-ot-yourselfer type, there is a thread running on Uzitalk about building a semi Sterling from afull auto parts kit. It is supposed to be a tough build, but defeinitely cool if you can pull it off!
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 9:55:51 AM EDT
Thanks guys!!!! That is exactly what I wanted to know!!!
Top Top