Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 12:16:16 AM EDT
i have a couple of pump SGs, but thinking of switching to semi-auto.
Why? I think they are better when in that high stress situation because of the no-brainer aspect - pull trigger, repeat.

Pump SGs are fine, but a little slower I think.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:56:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:01:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree, pump all the way.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:03:38 PM EDT
[#3]
stay with the pump.
a jamb in a shotgun is a bitch.
but then short stroking a pump is just as bad.
expect to transition if you have a problem
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:57:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Pump rules
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:59:58 PM EDT
[#5]
A good semi should not jam I ran a Rem 1100 for years with 0 malfunctions , buy a quality Semi test it then test it then test it some more if it screws up get someone to give it a reliability package job
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:25:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Pumps for me for that purpose - MUCH more reliable than an auto... Shoot it a bunch, and you won't have to worry about not racking it/short stroking, etc... I can shoot a pump nearly as fast as a semi - when you figure in the time it takes to recover/realign after the shot...

Autos are nice, but don't let anyone tell you they're as reliable as a pump - it's simply not true....

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:33:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I used to shoot pumps a lot, and I would short stroke once in a blue moon. I have also managed on two occasions to bind up an 870 so bad it took tools to unfuck it. Two rounds jamming on the feed tray. Two different shotguns. They would have been out of the fighht for sure.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:03:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Okay, so you're and idiot.  I'm just teasing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm sure I'll probably be the next one to do it now!!  But I have not had a problem with mine yet. (mossberg 500) Albeit I've only had it hunting a bit and some at the range.  No 3 gun matches or nothing.  If you ask me that sloppy feel the mossberg has is part of it's charm and ease of use.  Many of the other manufactures definitely feel alot different when pumping.  I'm sure I'll here some slams about that sloppiness though.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#9]
SAGIA 12 GAUGE 19" IS ONE BAD MF MAKE THE AK 47 SOUND WHEN YOU RACK IT. IT IS FLAW LESS WITH ANY LOAD MUD, SNOW,RAIN ,COLD, HAIL,  
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:31:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
i have a couple of pump SGs, but thinking of switching to semi-auto.
Why? I think they are better when in that high stress situation because of the no-brainer aspect - pull trigger, repeat.

Pump SGs are fine, but a little slower I think.

Go with a gun you know and trust. For me that will be the semi-auto. I have jammed my 870 when I was bird hunting ( short stroke) and when the 870 locks up it is worthless.  I have a few shotguns for hunting and home defense. I have several Benelli's that have 4 shot tubes. But look at a Beretta 1201 FP. 7 shots 20 or 18" night sights and is around $450 to $550. I have three Beretta 1201s and they work great. And trust me when you chamber a shell in a semi-auto the bad guy knows whats going on.

Chris
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:47:25 AM EDT
[#11]
There is an easy solution just throw down a grand and buy a Franchi Spas that way you have the best of both worlds and one bad @ss shotgun
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:55:40 PM EDT
[#12]
M4 Super 90, if you can stomach the ~$12K price per copy. Good enough to pass military trials.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top