Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2007 5:06:13 AM EDT
Just sold an NFA item.  Its on a F4 and I need to transfer it to my dealer, so he can transfer it out of state.  Do I do a F3 to him and pay the tax or is it a F4 to him with tax paid, then he does a F3 to the other dealer?  Thanks

PS  Just unsure as never Sold an NFA before, only bought
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:47:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Whenever an non-SOT holder is a party to a transfer, it is on a Form 4 tax paid.

So you would transfer to your in-state dealer via Form 4 and pay a tax.  Then your dealer transfers to the buyer's SOT via a Form 3.  Then the buyer gets it via a Form 4 (2nd tax) transfer to him.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:00:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Actually, you can transfer it directly to his out of state dealer on a Form 4.

This does not save a tax, but it does save time (one less tax free transfer)
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:34:32 AM EDT
[#3]
that is correct.

an SOT Class 3 dealer is an SOT class dealer no matter what state they are in.  They can receive class 3 weapons from out of state individuals.  I just went through this myself 3 months ago.

Transfer it via F4 to the buyers dealer out of state.  From that point on he will transfer it to your buyer.

I dont know where people are getting these 2 dealers needed idea..   The whole point of being an SOT class 3 dealer is so you  CAN get stuff out of state.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top