Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2009 4:14:34 PM EDT
I was just curious if this brass would be ok for reloading?

Thanks
 FREE
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:08:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Mixed reports.
Some say no good, some say it's fine.

It's what I'm currently shooting right now and I'm sort of undecided. It's fine for plinking but the neck tension seem kind of inconsistent on the particular batch that I have. If you have some I would try it but I wouldn't pay for it unless it's a good deal.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 7:17:45 PM EDT
[#2]
$20 for 1k a good price?
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 8:05:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
$20 for 1k a good price?

More like a steal.

I have had no problems from the batch of S&B I'm loading and shooting.

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 8:07:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I would say that's a great price.

For what it's worth, though I've never loaded any rifle cartridges with S&B brass, I have loaded thousands of pistol rounds with S&B brass, in .45ACP, 9mm, .40, & 357mag, and it's one of MY preferred brass types.  Strong, nice tight primer pockets, lasts a long time.............overall, just always seemed like really good brass to me.

By the way FREE, I've seen you elswhere here on ARFCOM, and seen pics...................thank you for your service, Sarn't!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:32:23 PM EDT
[#5]
not that im an expert in reloading yet, but i just reloaded some sierra match kings in S&B brass and shot a .720" 5 shot group at 110yards yesterday. now i know thats not the greatest group but the brass seemed to work great and im very pleased with it. so as far as the "its only good for plinking" thing, Im happy with mine.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:41:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I like S&B brass in .223 and 9mm.  Never tried other cals.  

Better than Remington, comparable to Winchester.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top