Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 3:16:02 PM EDT
Hi gang, My friend was asking me if I thought the gun was worth $200 with a Bushnell banner on it mint? I had no idea but 2 beans aint bad, It's almost season you need somthing, take it. Any how, How much do you feel it's worth? Being sears doesn't make rifles anymore. Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:57:15 PM EDT
[#1]
This is a Model 70 Winchester built for Sears.  The scope adds little to no value.  I would buy it for $200 in a second and ditch the scope for ~$40 to $50.  I think these have birch stocks, so it could be dressed up with a Richards stock or similar and make a really nice rifle.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:04:46 AM EDT
[#2]
While AeroE is technically correct that the scope adds very little monetary value to the rifle, don't be too quick to ditch it. Years ago, I had a couple of Bushnell Banner scopes that were excellent and never had a problem with either. Try it with the scope that is on it first.

I agree it is worth the price.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:16:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Well he bought the rifle before you guys posted the info. It's mint, very nice action.Thanks for the information guys,I appreciate it!Take care,Firepower
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:39:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Back when this combo was sold, Bushnell was putting the Banner name on some decent glass.  Have your friend try it out before ditching it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top