Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/16/2003 7:32:07 PM EDT
A buddy of mine at work is kinda starting his own gun-shop-smith buisness and I had a weatherby vangaurd 7mm rem mag so I let him mount the scope Leupold VXII 3X9-40 he I told him I wanted Leupold dual dove tail mounts and rings The guy had my rifle for about 2 weeks I get it back I had to go up about 30 clicks and right about 20 but now it's shooting like a champ 3 shot group at 100 yds you can cover with a dime. My problem is the back base is hanging over the action about an inch or better. I own several scoped rifles and no others are like this I'm wondering if this guy used the wrong mount's or what the deal is. I guess it's no big deal the gun shoots great but if it's not the correct base I want it changed.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 6:16:40 PM EDT
Your buddy screwed you on that mount. There's NO mount that hangs over like you describe. Take it back & make him do it right & then never have him do work for you again. If he can't do something as simple as a scope mount, you don't want him anywhere near your guns for any reason.

My .o2
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 11:38:35 AM EDT
when you say overhaning do you mean that the middle of the mount sticks over the action? I have several Leupold one peice mounts and they are all like that.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 1:15:50 PM EDT
Here's a hint...Turn the mount 180 degrees.
Top Top