Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2003 7:32:07 PM EDT
A buddy of mine at work is kinda starting his own gun-shop-smith buisness and I had a weatherby vangaurd 7mm rem mag so I let him mount the scope Leupold VXII 3X9-40 he I told him I wanted Leupold dual dove tail mounts and rings The guy had my rifle for about 2 weeks I get it back I had to go up about 30 clicks and right about 20 but now it's shooting like a champ 3 shot group at 100 yds you can cover with a dime. My problem is the back base is hanging over the action about an inch or better. I own several scoped rifles and no others are like this I'm wondering if this guy used the wrong mount's or what the deal is. I guess it's no big deal the gun shoots great but if it's not the correct base I want it changed.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 6:16:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Your buddy screwed you on that mount. There's NO mount that hangs over like you describe. Take it back & make him do it right & then never have him do work for you again. If he can't do something as simple as a scope mount, you don't want him anywhere near your guns for any reason.

My .o2
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 11:38:35 AM EDT
[#2]
when you say overhaning do you mean that the middle of the mount sticks over the action? I have several Leupold one peice mounts and they are all like that.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 1:15:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's a hint...Turn the mount 180 degrees.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top