Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2002 3:28:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 3:48:40 PM EDT
[#1]
You've got to be kidding me.  A scope on blackpowder.  ahhhhhhhh (sigh) -(shaking head).

that's just wrong.

Be a real sportsman, use irons and don't sit in a friggin tree.

no offense meant to you sir, but come on...a scope on a black powder rifle.......uhhhg.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 6:31:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 4:40:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Bushnell trophy scopes hold up goog on blackpowder guns. I know three that have the cheaper bushnel banner scope and hold up good. There is nothing like primitive hunting with my stainless sythentic savage smokeless powder muzzleloader.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 10:43:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Aimless, I mounted a Luepold 2-7 vari XII on my Rem 700ML using leupold QR bases and rings. Works nice. I would suggest you consider a quick detachable scope mounting system for your muzzleloader to facilitate cleaning.

DakotaKid, I'd use one of these if I could! These NY deer are nasty little SOBs
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 11:07:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 11:17:27 AM EDT
[#6]
wow, never knew they werent allowed.  What kind of crazy law wouldnt allow a scope?
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 11:54:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
wow, never knew they werent allowed.  What kind of crazy law wouldnt allow a scope?

Heh, in Pennsylvania, only iron-sighted flintlocks are legal for deer hunting during the "primitive' season, the last I knew.

I got about $250 in my ss 700ML when Jumbo Sports was going out of business a few years back. I think 40% off the normal price, IIRC...
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 12:20:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 12:35:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I use a Burris compact 3-9 on my T/C Encore.  Burris double/dove tail bases and signature rings.  This just might be the best blackpowder/scope setup available.  I keep it set on 3X while I stalk and rattle and turn it up when I'm hunting over greenfields.  The higher powered optics really aid in distinguishing "legal" bucks - in MS only 4 points or better are allowed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top