Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2009 9:11:47 AM EDT
I've got a surplus of pistol magazines and was looking at a Sub 2000 as a cheap (under $400) pistol carbine option.

1) Are they reliable?
2) How is accuracy compared to other pistol carbines?
3) How much aftermarket support is out there (sight upgrades, mounts for red-dots, etc)?
4) I owned a Camp Carbine in the past and have always regretted selling it. Is the Sub 2000 a step up or down?
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:25:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 12:06:24 PM EDT
[#2]
They are novel in that they fold and can be transported to and from a range discreatly, without freaking the neighbors out.

They can be a bit limited in useful accessories due to the fact that they fold.  Mounting different sights becomes an issue for folding it.

They give you a decent increase in accuracy over a pistol.  If you get the Glock mag version, you can use reliable 33 round mags.

I have one.  I don't shoot it too often, but I can't  bring myself to part with it due to the fun factor.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 1:40:37 PM EDT
[#3]
What type of action does it have? Is it SAO, SA/DA or DAO? Is it striker or hammer fired?
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 1:50:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/25/2009 4:50:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've got a surplus of pistol magazines and was looking at a Sub 2000 as a cheap (under $400) pistol carbine option.

1) Are they reliable?
3) How much aftermarket support is out there (sight upgrades, mounts for red-dots, etc)?
4) I owned a Camp Carbine in the past and have always regretted selling it. Is the Sub 2000 a step up or down?
5) Why are the G17 & G19 models so damn hard to find?  The word once was that they made runs of one model at a time.  If this is true, does any one know when the next G17/19 run will be?  Who has them in stock NOW?

Fixed it.

Link Posted: 2/25/2009 6:39:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I emailed them yesterday and I just got a reply back saying that they make them year round, not in batches or "certain times of the year".

I've got my dealer hunting for one for me now.
Link Posted: 2/25/2009 9:22:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I emailed them yesterday and I just got a reply back saying that they make them year round, not in batches or "certain times of the year".

I've got my dealer hunting for one for me now.

Good call.  You will like it.  I like mine as for the reasons stated above.

Max

Link Posted: 2/26/2009 4:33:22 PM EDT
[#8]
ARe these the same as a SUB-9? I have someone trying to sell me his SUB-9, just not sure what the differences are.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 5:13:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

1) Are they reliable?
5) Why are the G17 & G19 models so damn hard to find?  The word once was that they made runs of one model at a time.  If this is true, does any one know when the next G17/19 run will be?  Who has them in stock NOW?

Fixed it.

lol g17 and g19 hard to find? i have been looking for one on and off for the last few YEARS and i have only seen ONE sig 226 version and didnt have hte money at hte time to buy it.

i see plenty of the g17 and berretta mag verisons, with a few S&W and g19 mag verisons thrown in.

i just did a search on gunbroker and the first three are g17 versions

Link Posted: 2/26/2009 5:14:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
ARe these the same as a SUB-9? I have someone trying to sell me his SUB-9, just not sure what the differences are.

the sub-9 is older and all metal IIRC. its much more desireable to some.

Link Posted: 2/26/2009 5:39:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top