Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2012 4:02:11 PM EDT
I got a good deal on an almost new Remington 870 Police Magnum. I want to put a mag extension on it. It has the 18" barrel. I like the way it handles and have an older 870 with a 20" barrel and a factory plus 3 extension. It is a good gun but with the extension it doesn't handle as well as it could. I am looking at the Scattergun extension for the new gun and am drawn to the plus 1 extension since it would help the gun handle better but wonder if it is worth $45 to gain one round? Any one tried the plus 1? Any pics of it on a gun?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:35:53 PM EDT

I also have Scattergun +2 on another gun. The +1 feels not much different than a 870 without an extension. The +2 feels dramatically different. You would be in good company of several well respected shotgun trainers if you choose the +1 over the +2.

I myself prefer muzzle heavy shotguns, at least for "social purposes" so just about all of the guns I have feature a +2.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:48:55 PM EDT
but the +2 looks so much cooler though

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:51:59 PM EDT
I like the +1 and Form 1 it for a SBS and chop the barrel to 14" so it's flush with the mag extension

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:41:23 PM EDT
Thanks for the pics. I am torn. I keep hearing Rommel saying "In a man to man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." A nearby dept traded in some hardly used 870P's and the place that had them was selling them for $175. I wish I could have bought them all. I cleaned the one I got up and it is almost new. I put a big head safety on it but can't decide about the extension. I am going to order one tomorrow though. I am very surprised how much the Surefire weapon lights for the 870 cost. The last one I bought was $179.
Top Top