Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2008 7:20:21 AM EDT
www.savagearms.com/11model_BTHshortaction.htm

Anyone have one? Used one? Opinions?

I’m a Remington 700 man but I want something in 308 for deer season this year. I can’t find a Rem 700 in 308 that I like, so I picked up (didn’t buy it, just checked it out) this Savage the other night at the local gun shop and I've fallen in love with the accutrigger.  I’m a little worried about staying from my Remington's. They are the only bolt guns I have ever really hunted with. I have a PSS in 308 but it's just too heavy and long for whitetail hunting.

The price on the Savage at around $550 seems fair. I’m just a little worried about finding rings and a scope base.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 7:26:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a Remington 40x in 308. Over $1200. About 10 years ago I bought a Savage 110 Tactical in 308 for $325. It shot every bit as well as the Remington 40X.
The 40X is long gone and I still have the Savage.
Plus another 3 Savage bolts and no new Remingtons.....
Go for it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 8:00:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Savage is well known for out of the box accuracy. The nice thing about Savage actions is the ease of changing barrels. With a fully chambered barrel, an action wrench, barrel or action vise and headspace gages you can easily change barrels. You just have to stay within th action capabilities for caliber.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top