Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2003 10:12:23 PM EDT
Anyone own one?
What scope mount base do you use?
The Leupold bases for the savage 10 SA does not fit.  The rear is way to high and the scope does not even set level.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 11:10:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I "think" mines a b-square I'd have to look and its late backeast.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 11:32:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Ken Farrel makes scope bases for the new Savage actions.

www.kenfarrell.com
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:41:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.
I'd prefer leupold but.....
But I'll look at those 2 mentioned.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:16:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Was doing some research lastnight.
And a few people mentioned using 2 front bases.
Rather than a 1 piece, or  front and back 2 piece.

And here is the list from savage of bases that will fit the new accutrigger actions.
www.birch.net/~bano/AccuTriggerbases.doc
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I used two front bases and it lines up perfect. I am very satisfied with the rifle and it will shoot .50" group at 250 yds. It just needs to be sat in a decent stock Choate,McMillian, or HS precision. I have seen true snipers put 4 bullets through the same hole with this .308 @ 200 yds.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine are Luppy The new savage with the accu trigger are a differnet reciver from the ones without. The old ones are flat on top and the new ones with the accu trigger are are round. Let me know if you need the part # I can try to find the box if so  
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:20:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a new Savage Model 10FP LE1A.  Same problem with the mount.  Originally got a Leupold for the Model 10, but it has a flat rear mount.  Finally got the NEW mount just released with CURVED rear bottom.  Two piece, but works great!  If you are desperate, you can buy a Weaver type directly from Savage Customer Service (I called, but opted to wait for the Leupold.)

I love this gun (.308  20"bbl  Choate stock, but if you handload, what a difference.  Cheap factory .308 2" @ 100 yds.  Handloads @100 yds, cloverleafs.

Enjoy

p.s.  be really careful and use the SHORT screws up front :)  You will not be able to see anything wrong until you try and close the bolt.  No damage, but will not rotate all the way.  According to Savage, common error.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top