Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 3/16/2006 7:58:16 PM EDT
I had one of the original S&W SWAT knives and it was an outstanding knife IMO.

Im looking for a new knife and was thinking about getting one of their "Special Tacticals" (the 3500S) and was looking for some input, negative or positive.

Discuss
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:34:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Although I'm more partial to Buck, Spyderco, and Benchmade than CRKT and S&W, the S&W knives are still a decent value for the money if you can find them for less than MSRP.  They are not really anything to write home about, just sturdy mid level knives.  I have a friend who deployed with me to Iraq who had one of the all steel frame lock models and he loved it.  made it thru the year long deployment and is still in his ACU pocket.  I sharpened his knife several times on my Spydie sticks and it seemed the blade had a tendancy to chip, although the chips sharpened out. I have seen them at very reasonable prices thru the military PX system.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:36:51 AM EDT
[#2]
they are made in China, iirc.  You could do better with a Benchmade or Emerson.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:19:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Thats why I was looking at a Smith because my Gerber was made in China. Guess the Smith is too
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:03:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

My sentiments exactly. Check out Benchmade and Emerson as well as Spyderco. I recommend the 710 from Benchmade, the CQC-7B with wave from Emerson and the Manix from Spyderco. Also, check out the new Endura from Spyderco for a more economical choice as it now has steel liners and screw construction instead of rivets and it still uses VG10, one of my favorite steels, as its blade steel.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:32:06 PM EDT
[#5]
ya thats all fine and dandy i carry a S&W home land security with 40% serrated as my EDC. heck for 20 bucks cnd i couldent go wrong the thing takes a beating from what i have seen
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:25:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
ya thats all fine and dandy i carry a S&W home land security with 40% serrated as my EDC. heck for 20 bucks cnd i couldent go wrong the thing takes a beating from what i have seen

I went ahead and ordered the stainless one because they were outta the Urban Camo ones. I got it for 8 dollars so we will see. I just COULDN'T pass it up at that price.

Welcome to ArfCom SPART8N
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:00:03 PM EDT
[#7]
thx ive been reading theses forums for a whille now just finaly decided to become a member
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top