Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2002 2:47:58 PM EDT
Turns out the rifle I asked about was a TRG-22, not a -21.  I went back and looked at it again.

Muzzle Brake, original box and spare mag included.

The guy is asking $1800, I offered the dealer (it is on consignment) $1600, and he seems to think the guy will take it.  

Supposedly unfired--there is no evidence of a scope ever being mounted.  Some gilding metal in the barrel, but that could easily be from the factory test firing.

Worth the $1600 ($1700 after tax)?

Do I need a specific scope mount?--it looks like it has a dovetail on it with some notches cut out and some screw holes.  It's not a standard Weaver/Picatinny mount.

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 2:59:36 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I saw one today, but have no idea if it is a good deal or not.

.308, nice condition (didn't look close enought to rate it completely).

No scope or mount.

Any ideas?

They good guns?

AFARR

Just to get you in the ball park about $2500.  Does the rifle have a muzzle-brake ??

Good guns ??   Yep !!

(I've not owned a TRG-21 but have owned a TRG-41 in .338  Laupa - basically the same rifle, just different caliber.  The gun shot a lot better than me.)

Sako stopped importing the TRG-21 in 1999 so whatever is in the country is it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 5:57:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Sako TRG rifles are excellent rifle all around, as a matter of fact, all Finnish rifles are.

Here is a good thread regarding TRG rifles, started by noted gunsmith Larry Vickers at Tactical forums:

64.177.53.248/ubb/Forum56/HTML/000071.html
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 9:12:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info guys.  I just happened to see the one in the shop.

No muzzle brake, but threaded cap on it.  Don't know what it came with, but it looked interesting.

Let me see if I can get to the shop later and see what it might go for.

AFARR
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 2:08:47 PM EDT
[#4]
BTT after editing
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 6:20:53 PM EDT
[#5]
The TRG-22 is a TRG-21 modified to meet the requirements of the Finish military.  Importation of the TRG-22 began in 2000 and this rifle is still being imported.

I would get the Sako scope mount and I would get the Sako muzzle brake for this rifle.  You might as well price the quick attach/detach sling swivels, sling and bipod while you are calling.  (On a quick side note, if you get the MB, remove and clean after each range session.  This brake is very effective but will weld on if not removed and cleaned frequently.)

Assuming no accessories, including no box, and assuming about 98% condition, I would say between $1800 - $1900.

This fine rifle is well worth assembling all the accessories (MB, scope mount, etc.,) if you plan to keep for a while.

Now don't forget, you're gonna want a good scope.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 6:40:00 PM EDT
[#6]
5subslr5,

Thanks very much for the information.

I did tender the offer, and will hear back tomorrow.

It does come with the muzzle brake (looks similar to an Armalite brake?), and a spare mag still in pouch.

Box is included--I didn't see the box, so I am not sure about the manual.  I may look you up if I wind up getting it for more pointers.  

The rifle is easily 99%+ to LNIB if it is fired at all.

Sounds like a deal--I will eventually be looking for the bipod, sling stuff, and scope mount.

I know about good scopes already--I shoot .50s already, and have a pretty good concept of what a 1000yard scope should be.  I'll probably start out with a Leupold 6-20ish power 30mm tube scope, or a fixed 10 power (thereabouts).

Thanks

AFARR
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 6:51:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

It does come with the muzzle brake (looks similar to an Armalite brake?), and a spare mag still in pouch.

Box is included--I didn't see the box, so I am not sure about the manual.  I may look you up if I wind up getting it for more pointers.  

The rifle is easily 99%+ to LNIB if it is fired at all.

Sounds like a deal--I will eventually be looking for the bipod, sling stuff, and scope mount.

I know about good scopes already--I shoot .50s already, and have a pretty good concept of what a 1000yard scope should be.  I'll probably start out with a Leupold 6-20ish power 30mm tube scope, or a fixed 10 power (thereabouts).

Thanks

AFARR

Ah HA !!  Brake and box and spare mag.  So long as the serial number on the box matches to the rifle you're good to go.  You can always order a new manual if there isn't one.

You're looking at about a $2100 package.

Sounds as if you've got scope matters well in hand.

By the way, Sako has some schit rings that you can use to mount - they only push these dogs if they're out of the real scope mount.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top