Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2013 11:01:12 AM EDT
I already have an M4-2000 in 6.8 and have a SDN6 that should get out of ATF jail in the next month or so.
I'm looking at getting a dedicated 5.56 suppressor and love the looks of the Saker. I have AAC 51 tooth
mounts on all my rifles, so the Saker with the 51 tooth adapter should still work.

Anyone have any experience comparing the performance of the Saker vs. the M4-2000 as far as dB reduction
and POI shift?

Thanks.

-ZA
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:08:01 AM EDT
[#1]
The government is still holding my saker hostage...

We're on month 10.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:04:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Saker.

Unless you already own a bunch of 51T mounts and cans, there is ZERO reason to get the AAC over the SiCo.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:18:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I like my Saker, but here is a video that Silencerco did comparing the Saker, Specwar, and M42000 -->  Silencerco Video
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:38:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe the Saker baffles are stainless steel and the AAC is inconel.  Is one better than the other?  If so, why?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:20:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Good(wear reduction and rated down to 7" Full Auto) or Bad(a few dBs higher) the Saker has Hoplon baffles:
Hoplon Baffle Technology and Silencerco Proprietary Alloy Steel
Hoplon impact? Questions on the stats
Saker rated down to 7" Full Auto
Saker Louder due to Hoplon

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:02:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Saker.

Unless you already own a bunch of 51T mounts and cans, there is ZERO reason to get the AAC over the SiCo.
View Quote

sure there is, its a proven design that has a good track record with military and civilian costomers.  

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:59:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I believe the Saker baffles are stainless steel and the AAC is inconel.  Is one better than the other?  If so, why?
View Quote

The Saker baffles are made of Stellite. Silencerco claims Stellite is a superior material. There really isn't any reason to doubt this claim. They are a stand up company.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#8]
It is going to be interesting to see how the Stellite baffles hold up.  I have worked with Stellite 6K before (knife blade) and it is quiet difficult to work with.  I am surprised that the Saker is not more expensive considering they are using Stellite.  It should be a great blast baffle material.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:43:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It is going to be interesting to see how the Stellite baffles hold up.  I have worked with Stellite 6K before (knife blade) and it is quiet difficult to work with.  I am surprised that the Saker is not more expensive considering they are using Stellite.  It should be a great blast baffle material.
View Quote

Yeah, seems to be tough stuff. I think the Saker is rated for the shortest barrel length of any suppressor at 7".
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 10:12:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yeah, seems to be tough stuff. I think the Saker is rated for the shortest barrel length of any suppressor at 7".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where are you getting that from?  I went to Silecerco's website and could find now mention of it.  If true, it'd make a great playmate for a PWS Diablo shorty upper.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 10:39:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Where are you getting that from?  I went to Silecerco's website and could find now mention of it.  If true, it'd make a great playmate for a PWS Diablo shorty upper.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From Silencerco:
Saker rated down to 7" Full Auto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top