Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2015 5:45:32 PM EDT
So I finally got to go out today and shoot my new Silencerco Saker..... It was freaking awesome. Extremely impressed.

Interesting observation on POI shift. The Saker with the Trifecta flash hider was about .75 MOA straight down (16" 223 Wylde LW50 barrel), which I consider very good compared to my AAC cans. The shifts on my M4-2000 is about 3.5 MOA down and my SDN-6 is about 3 MOA down.

I'm definitely buying a few more Silencerco cans!

ZA
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:01:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep my saker 556 was .5 down
My sdn6 was 2moa down, and it wiggles on my 51t mounts
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:02:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So I finally got to go out today and shoot my new Silencerco Saker..... It was freaking awesome. Extremely impressed.

Interesting observation on POI shift. The Saker with the Trifecta flash hider was about .75 MOA straight down (16" 223 Wylde LW50 barrel), which I consider very good compared to my AAC cans. The shifts on my M4-2000 is about 3.5 MOA down and my SDN-6 is about 3 MOA down.

ZA
View Quote

Well, if POI shift is your concern you should be buying a short direct thread titanium can. More weight hanging off the barrel = more POI shift.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:34:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well, if POI shift is your concern you should be buying a short direct thread titanium can. More weight hanging off the barrel = more POI shift.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ZA

Great idea if you want your rifle to double as a flame thrower.

better mounting system = less POI shift, Saker, KAC QDC/CQB & Surefire SOCOM series do a great job of minimizing shift and not making your rifle a flame thrower.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:36:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ZA

What weighs more the Saker 556 or the M4-2000? There is a lot more to it than just weight....

ZA

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:00:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Did some testing last night with my sdn6 on a .308 bolt gun and found a 3moa drop with the can on. Not a big deal if you know the POI shift and make the adjustment IMHO.  Just need to find what it is for the particular rifle your shooting and make adjustments accordingly.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:27:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

ZA

It should be one of many concerns.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top