Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2017 9:04:08 AM EDT
I finally cleaned my Surefire Ryder 22s with the dip and everything went fine but I didn't clean the thread adapter from my M&P22c. I tried to clean the adapter but its extremely caked in carbon also and I can't get it completely clean. What will happen if I put a "blued" thread adapter into the dip?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:25:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends on the material that the thread adapter is made out of. If it's stainless steel, it should be fine. Some people have said that the dip will pit carbon steel but I haven't seen results either way. 

It's worth a try. Worst comes to worse, you're out $20-25 for a new adapter.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 12:38:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Hopefully you didn't already try this.

It will come out bare rusty metal, true story
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 5:50:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Did it to mine and all is fine. Put it in a small paper cup for 10 min then hit it with a wire 9 or 40 call brush then back into the solution.

The bluing is week on mine now but no major issues.

I have done this 3 times. I figured once it looses it bluing and starts to tarnish I will get a new one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top