Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 8:23:15 PM EDT
Well to kill an hour or two, I went to the Austin funshow. Usual over priced stuff with a few deals seen.

Sadest thing there was a 1903a3 that was rusted up so bad that it was hard to tell it was a springfield. The dealer had laquared up the whole gun and had stuck a price tag of...........950 dollars on it.
Now get this, the gun could only be used as a door stop. The receiver and bolt were rusted up into the shape of a fist sized rock. There would be no rebuilding or refurbishing.

A very sad sight to see.

PS: I also noticed 4 svt40 rifles 700 to 900 dollars in price. The most seen at this show. Could the owners know that there maybe a flood coming?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:12:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw that rifle, very sad shape.  I was extremely disappointed in this month's show , it seems like there was nothing to be had.  I'd love a Garand but I'm not paying $1000 for a $395 gun from CMP.  I also saw one dealer selling a "Smith Robin", instead of a Schmidt Rubin for $200 and it was in horrible shape, maybe 40% blueing.  I bought one new Okay AR mag and went home.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:29:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, now I don't feel bad about having not been able to go. Of course, property taxes killed my buying for a little while...
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:02:57 AM EDT
[#3]

"Smith Robin"

!!!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:00:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

"Smith Robin"

!!!

americanized
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top