Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2013 4:51:59 PM EDT
Seems like I cant get the front sight low enough or the rear sight high enough... What can I do?
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I busted my front sight trying to adjust.  Piece of shit.  Sight was already as low as it could go and way off.

My friend said his was dead on at 50 out of the box.

I threw away the magpuls, slapped a trs25  red dot on it, made it pink, gave it to my wife, and went and bought a KIDD supergrade.

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:58:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Well shit... That does me no good lol
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:01:45 PM EDT
[#3]
what range, what ammo? I didn't have any problems getting mine zeroed for 25 yards.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:09:43 PM EDT
[#4]
bout 25 yards using winchester wildcats

ETA also used a bore sight to see if I could get it any closer... Its still waaay low
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:44:34 PM EDT
[#5]
huh. Mine was way fucked up from the factory, but I got it sorted. I did so by putting a Primary Arms red dot on there, sighting that in, then cheating with the iron sights.

with Gemtech 22 ammo and Green Tag.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:31:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Are they the oe fixed sights?

The rear sight should be set to 6/3 and your elevation should be adjusted on the front post.

Do you have another set of sights to try?
If the problem persists with another set I would contact S&W.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, the factory fixed sights.. ive got a magpul rear site on my 6920 but dont have anything else to switch out for the front.. Ive been wanting to but magpul sights on the gun anyways but with the way its shooting now I dont know if I could adjust the new ones  to work either...
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:13:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I had the same problem with the first one I bought.  I sent S&W an e-mail asking them if it was considered acceptable for me to put 18 clicks on the front sight to bring it up to only near the bullseye.  They told me to send it in and sent me a shipping label.  I got it back pretty quickly, I think it was less than two weeks, but they didn't do anything to fix it.  Even though I included a detailed note and a copy of the target showing how low it shot with mechanical zero, they sent it back with a note stating that parts and springs were replaced to latest spec.  Nothing was mentioned about it shooting low, and it still took more clicks than I could get my tool down deep enough to achieve in order to zero.  And it wasn't the sights either.  I put a Primary Arms red dot on it, and it took something like 26 clicks up to zero.  I put the same optic on a SIG522 and I had to take about 20 of those clicks out to zero the SIG.

I sold that one but the two I have had since then have zeroed with two to four clicks on the front, as they should.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had the same problem with the first one I bought.  I sent S&W an e-mail asking them if it was considered acceptable for me to put 18 clicks on the front sight to bring it up to only near the bullseye.  They told me to send it in and sent me a shipping label.  I got it back pretty quickly, I think it was less than two weeks, but they didn't do anything to fix it.  Even though I included a detailed note and a copy of the target showing how low it shot with mechanical zero, they sent it back with a note stating that parts and springs were replaced to latest spec.  Nothing was mentioned about it shooting low, and it still took more clicks than I could get my tool down deep enough to achieve in order to zero.  And it wasn't the sights either.  I put a Primary Arms red dot on it, and it took something like 26 clicks up to zero.  I put the same optic on a SIG522 and I had to take about 20 of those clicks out to zero the SIG.

I sold that one but the two I have had since then have zeroed with two to four clicks on the front, as they should.
View Quote

well thats not encouraging lol
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:11:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, the factory fixed sights.. ive got a magpul rear site on my 6920 but dont have anything else to switch out for the front.. Ive been wanting to but magpul sights on the gun anyways but with the way its shooting now I dont know if I could adjust the new ones  to work either...
View Quote

True Shot Technologies has an A2 style FSB you can put on there that might help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top