Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2011 2:32:23 PM EDT
I am about to get my first suppressor, and I'm looking at an Octane 9.  I have chosen this one for its ability to be disassembly, so I can use it with .22lr, and what I believe is its modular capabilities.  I do have a few questions though.

From reading the product web page,
the Octane-9 combines the modularity of our popular Trident suppressor system
.  Am I correct in thinking that the octane will accept the variety of Trident mounts?

How can I determine what other calibers are safe to shoot with this can, such as .357 mag, 7.62x25mm, etc.?

Is there any other cans in the same price range that I should be looking at?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:46:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Call or pm SWR and ask.  They are nice guys
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:16:59 PM EDT
[#2]
PM?  Are they members here?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:27:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Is there any other cans in the same price range that I should be looking at?

Thanks!

http://libertycans.net/mystic.html

I do not have on yet but the guys who have bought them like them. Weight is the same as the Octane HD.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:49:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a Trident and I love it! From what I've gathered it's the same can without the ability to disassemble and doesn't offer the SS internals. If you want to shoot 22 through it make sure you get the SS internals for easy cleaning. I too am interested in finding out if the Octane 9 will accept all the Trident mounts.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:55:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I too am interested in finding out if the Octane 9 will accept all the Trident mounts.

Of course it does. It says so on the SWR website.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:08:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I too am interested in finding out if the Octane 9 will accept all the Trident mounts.

Of course it does. It says so on the SWR website.

Are you sure? I just looked through both suppressor pages (trident and octane)

and the only thing that I could find that references both is

New for 2011 the Octane-9 combines the modularity of our popular Trident suppressor system with the take down features previously only available in 22lr suppressors. The Octane-9 breaks down to its individual components for ease of cleaning. The Octane-9 delivers exceptional sound reduction in a compact, lightweight profile.

It says that it combines the modularity, it doesnt state that it shares mounts.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:24:17 PM EDT
[#7]
huh, yet I misread that. I found mpallet post on another site that the Octane and Trident do not share ANY parts.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:20:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
huh, yet I misread that. I found mpallet post on another site that the Octane and Trident do not share ANY parts.

This.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:24:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I called SWR today and was told Trident mounts are not compatible with Octane.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top