Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/14/2013 9:58:20 AM EST
I have decided to buy a Steyr Aug A3 ,it has to be NIB and I want to pay by cedit card and transfer it to my FFL in Phoenix . I a'm a cheap MOFO and want to pay no more then $1750.00 landed . Is this possible ? I have bid on 2 at gun broker and almost got one . I would prefer to just buy it from a reputable dealer . Anyone know where I can find one at that price ?
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 10:08:58 AM EST
Originally Posted By GONIF:
I have decided to buy a Steyr Aug A3 ,it has to be NIB and I want to pay by cedit card and transfer it to my FFL in Phoenix . I a'm a cheap MOFO and want to pay no more then $1750.00 landed . Is this possible ? I have bid on 2 at gun broker and almost got one . I would prefer to just buy it from a reputable dealer . Anyone know where I can find one at that price ?
View Quote

It might be possible, but it will likely take you a while to get lucky on a bid, on Sturgehwer, or on the AR15.com EE. You certainly aren't going to scoop one up at that price right away.
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 10:55:18 AM EST
Anything is possible, but it's highly doubtful. You will be waiting a long time and will likely never find one.
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 11:07:52 AM EST
CheaperthanDirt has them for $1809 with free shipping right now if you're willing to buy anything from them but that's the least expensive my googlefu can find online atm other than a lucky GB bid.
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 11:28:26 AM EST
Thanks ,that is a good price on a new A3 . How ever CTD has fucked me around in the past ,and I won't do biz with them anymore .
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 12:33:40 PM EST
Keep an eye on gunbroker. You're about a week too late for teh $1600 A3, as well as teh several $1650 A3's. However, deals do pop up, so look every once in a while.
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 6:19:01 PM EST
The green A3 that I just picked up was $1775 OTD. I ordered it from the FFL, he got it from RSR.
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 6:49:52 AM EST
There are several on Armslist for under $1700
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 10:28:26 AM EST
I agree that going used is your best plan. I got an AMAZING deal on EE for one. Just gotta wait for a great deal and jump on it... they happen with surprising frequency here!
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 11:01:09 AM EST
Checked Arms list ,but not sure I can trust the private sellers .
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 11:18:51 AM EST
Look for a dealer on gunbroker with high feedback.

That, or consider you're nitpicking on what amounts to the cost of less than 250 rounds of ammo.
If $100 makes or breaks the deal for you, be prepared to waste more time in frustration (gunbroker auctions) than in paying the extra $100 and having it in your hands within a week.
Lots of shooting could likely be had in between finding your NIB $1700 A3 vs buying an $1800 NIB and going shooting.

I paid well over $2k for mine. Every now and then it irks me, but then I go shoot some more and don't think about it. I'd do it again.
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 11:41:03 AM EST
A little waiting won't kill me ,I have other rifles to shoot . The Aug will need the K&M lightning and the Neu trigger so every dime I save will help. I'll keep looking .
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 12:18:34 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/15/2013 2:07:53 PM EST by rtpguy]
$1810, no CC fees, shipped.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=371000144

$1625 total..if you win it at that (unlikely, IMO)
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=370522121

$1820 shipped:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=370962015

You've got options, time to use one or give up, as I don't think it's likely to do better..
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 1:01:08 PM EST
Thanks ,bid on one .
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 5:22:39 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Thanks ,bid on one .
View Quote

The only one of those with bid vs the 2 BIN prices looks like it's got an unknown reserve.
Is it really not worth going for the one for $1810 shipped and being done with it?
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 11:14:38 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/16/2013 11:14:58 AM EST by firedog51d]
There is one sitting in the EE right now for $1800 plus shipping.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 8:07:29 AM EST
Success , just won the bid on a new in the box Steyr AUG a-3 from CANDU / RATWORX for $1732.00 . Should ship out today . I think I got a good price from a trusted dealer.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 8:53:21 AM EST
Success , just won the bid on a new in the box Steyr AUG a-3 from CANDU / RATWORX for $1732.00 . Should ship out today . I think I got a good price from a trusted dealer.
View Quote

Nice score!!!
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 9:51:05 AM EST
Originally Posted By Dawg180:

It might be possible, but it will likely take you a while to get lucky on a bid, on Sturgehwer, or on the AR15.com EE. You certainly aren't going to scoop one up at that price right away.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I remember somebody talkign about a delaer on GB doing one day auctions at $1600 and rarely getting over one bid on them . Heard it here. Ive been watching for one myself.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 6:49:27 AM EST
just got a green one for $1699 + credit card fee off of guns make me broker. But shipping was free.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 6:58:32 AM EST
Originally Posted By Quake_Guy:
just got a green one for $1699 + credit card fee off of guns make me broker. But shipping was free.
View Quote

very cool!
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 7:21:44 AM EST
THE deals are there for those who look.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 8:05:58 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/21/2013 8:06:53 AM EST by krichbaum]
Originally Posted By gotuonpaper:

I remember somebody talkign about a delaer on GB doing one day auctions at $1600 and rarely getting over one bid on them . Heard it here. Ive been watching for one myself.
View All Quotes

I think that dealer has raised their reserve/starting prices. It seems they wanted to clear out some inventory and they achieved their goal...so now its back to normal operation, for them at least.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 8:09:18 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/21/2013 8:09:53 AM EST by MisterPX]
Originally Posted By krichbaum:

I think that dealer has raised their reserve/starting prices. It seems they wanted to clear out some inventory and they achieved their goal...so now its back to normal operation, for them at least.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By krichbaum:

I believe he was referencing me in another thread. That particular dealer has sold what they wanted to sell, and have gone back to "normal" pricing. However, deals are still out there.

ETA: seller was BW Outfitters, bw9 IIRC gb id.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:40:15 AM EST
Guys does the Aug come with a chrome lined bore? Do they sell a version that comes with the M16/AR15 magazine capable stock or does it have to be an add on?

Thanks.

Handled one at Cabelas last night and loved it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 11:36:23 AM EST
Pete Athens would be able to answer that for sure I'm pretty sure there are two different models. I chose to keep my aug original as far as mags go. Currently, they're almost the same price as AR mags.

If I was able to find a green a3 I would jump on it for the right price and using aug mags.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:35:03 PM EST
Barrel is chrome lined.
If you want the nato stock (m16 mags) right off the bat, you're best deal is to buy from Pete.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:36:21 AM EST
Originally Posted By MisterPX:
Barrel is chrome lined.
If you want the nato stock (m16 mags) right off the bat, you're best deal is to buy from Pete.
View Quote

Who is Pete? Does he have a website?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:40:04 AM EST
Originally Posted By xdmikey:
Pete Athens would be able to answer that for sure I'm pretty sure there are two different models. I chose to keep my aug original as far as mags go. Currently, they're almost the same price as AR mags.

If I was able to find a green a3 I would jump on it for the right price and using aug mags.
View Quote

Yeah, the Steyr mags are probably stronger than Pmags or USGI ar15 mags as far as I can tell, But I am already heavily invested in USGI AR15 mags.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:33:35 AM EST
Originally Posted By _DR:

View All Quotes
Barrel is chrome lined.

Pete Athens. He is THE man as far as AUGs go. Google pj steyr aug
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:08:10 AM EST

View All Quotes
Barrel is chrome lined.

Got it, bookmarked, thanks!
Top Top