Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2010 10:52:57 PM EDT
i asked this before but i can't find the post, i have an SPC and i would like to run the side plates with the soft armor, the ones found on the MTV in my SPC with out having to use those strap on things that the SPC comes with.  i tried using an MTV cummerbund but didn't work and was not comfortable.  i looked into the PIG stuff but i don't think it will work, thought about the elastic carrier from the PIG and run that on the inside of standard SPC but movement while running with it on might make it flap around too much.  what does eagle use in there civilian plate carrier they sell?

what i'm thinking.....

i put it on and just stuffed them in on my sides, nothing's holding them other than it being tight against my ribs.  maybe just put Velcro on the inside of the cummerbund maybe?

(kit's not set up yet, just kinda threw some stuff on there to try out a few different set ups)
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:27:28 AM EDT
[#1]
How did the mtv cummerbund not work...? that's how most do it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:19:29 AM EDT
[#2]
the MTV cummerbund put the plates too far forward and to get them where i wanted i had them backed too far out of the front flap leaving a few inches of Velcro exposed and creating a gap where i could not mount gear to.  i have OCD when it comes to gear and i go crazy if things aren't comfortable.... or as close as i can get it to be
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:28:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
the MTV cummerbund put the plates too far forward and to get them where i wanted i had them backed too far out of the front flap leaving a few inches of Velcro exposed and creating a gap where i could not mount gear to.  i have OCD when it comes to gear and i go crazy if things aren't comfortable.... or as close as i can get it to be

hmm...i dont really know what else would work with the SPC, other than trying to find a one size smaller MTV cummerbund.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:40:25 AM EDT
[#4]
here ya go
http://www.triadtactical.com/Plate-Carrier-Cummerbund-Retro-Fit-Kit-Khaki.html

i wasnt sure if it had side plate pockets but the 2nd picture shows it does, it also looks way shorter than the MTV cummerbund.

since its made for the eagle plate carrier, it should definitely work with the SPC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top