Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2003 4:07:57 AM EDT
I am trying to decide which folder I should get.  I am thinking either a SOG Flash or a Benchmade.  What are your experiences?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 6:44:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I just bought my brother a SOG Flash for his birthday and it seems like a very well made knife.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 7:14:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Sog's are very nice, and I own a flash.  The bigger one.  That said, Benchmade's are much higher quality.  If you really want a knife, get a Microtech but they are spendy.  Benchmade's are awesome.  I own a bunch of all three brands.  Couldn't make up my mind...
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 12:46:35 PM EDT
[#3]
benchmade, no contest, i own both, and like both companies, but there is just no comparing the quality, BM is worth the extra money
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 5:51:47 AM EDT
[#4]
My vote would be for Benchmade [have 7 of them]But SOG makes a good knife,I like the PE14 myself
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 7:51:57 PM EDT
[#5]
SOG is pretty sweet i just picked up the pup with kydex sheath for 60 bucks what a deal! i love the powder coating and super sharp i literaly can shave no problem with this knife(i tryed).
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 6:27:50 PM EDT
[#6]
SOG Flash II has got wicked quick action.

Benchmade is a good brand, but it isn't the choice of US Special Forces.

Link Posted: 11/25/2003 6:52:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
SOG Flash II has got wicked quick action.

Benchmade is a good brand, but it isn't the choice of US Special Forces.

I guess you have never seen a Benchmade AFO 9050 before?
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:35:42 AM EDT
[#8]
benchmade all the way-many of sog's products are made in japan and some friends have sog's that have fallen apart prematurely- benchmade is apparently"keeping up with the jones" by recently announcing they will be having some components(?complete knives) built offshore-I think this is a bad move- one of my reasons for picknig benchmade was the made in USA think but the quality keeps me coming back(have at lesat 5 )
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top