Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2002 1:10:42 PM EDT
I am putting out the word.  I recently ordered an imported G3 rifle from SOG (I will never mail order a gun again).  The rifle was supposedly a new gun, straight from Portugal, HK liscensed.  When it got in, it was a POS.  The rear sight drum was loose and did not hold its position.  When I tried to dissassemble the rifle to inspect it, I could not remove the buttstock.  The pins holding it in were broken and fit poorly, I had to hammer them out, and even then the buttstock would not come off, with two people pulling.  The guns finish was some crappy paint, and some of the parts did not look like they matched and may have been used parts.  Three months later, still looking for a refund.

If anyone has had a positive experience with them, let me know, but otherwise, don't buy from these people!
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 2:09:29 PM EDT
[#1]
try just posting this in one place.

SOG has always done me right!  Best place to find C&R guns at good prices, always as described!
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 8:10:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Been buying from them for 12 years. Usually 1 to 3 orders a month. Never had any problems. Are you sure you got a FMP built rifle or a Hesse built rifle on a FMP receiver?
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 9:11:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a few things from them years back when I had an FFL, and had a local dealer order a couple rifles more recently as well. Mostly I was satisfied and really I would not hesitate to order from them again.

But I did get one batch of "unissued" Chinese SKS's once that showed considerable use and had horrible bores -- the chrome just appeared to have been gouged right out in streaks along the rifling. I guess maybe that's how chrome bores finally do break down after much use with corrosive ammo. Anyway, I called them up and complained and the woman there told me that "unissued" just meant it was never used in combat, and not necessarily that it was never fired extensively in training. I could tell from her voice that she didn't really believe that either, but finally I gave up and just sold them "as is" for what they cost me. They were older ones with milled parts & threaded barrels, at least. And the stocks were new. In fact, I wish I had kept one to monkey around with now.

I think it was originally an honest mistake due to not cleaning the grease off the rifles at their end, but they sure ought to stand behind their descriptions better than that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top