Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2005 5:41:43 PM EDT
Jumped on their "12 days of Christmas" sale monday, and ordered a Savage No4 for $149, which is a damn good price. I wasn't expecting much. The next day a nice '43 shows up at my door, with a matching bayo.

It's quite a solid gun.....undicked with, all Savage marked, original stock and in about 90% or better shape. Bore is absolutely perfect. Crown looks freshly cut. The only blemish of any note is that the mag, while Savage, is not the original or else it was dropped into the river and put back on the rifle 5 years later. It's rough. Luckily, I have some S no4 mags so that was an easy fix otherwise I'd call it a perfect gun.

I swore I was done for this year, but they went and tempted me. I'm really happy, this completes my "maker" collection, I now have an example of every manufacture of No1/No4 rifles. I had a Savage, but it was a wreck and now I have a solid example of every contract maker. Now I can start to work on the hundreds of variants!

It's too dark for pictures now that I have it cleaned up, but I'll post some in the morning....it's very pretty.

Edited to add, here she is somewhat cleaned up:
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:51:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I also got the savage that sog offers. Mine looks and shoots great.
The only change I have made to the rifle is the addition of a micro meter sight. I know it may not be origiginal but I got it at the local fun shop for free, so I said why not put it on.
Now to start getting the different varients.

eta:photo of my savage with micro meter site and a m48

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:55:53 PM EDT
[#2]
dam you got that fast...i also ordered one and paid an extra $5 for a matching numbered piece, im way out in california so i wont be seeing it for a few more days at least. good to know that they shipped it out immediatly though. best price ive seen yet on a savage
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:36:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
dam you got that fast...i also ordered one and paid an extra $5 for a matching numbered piece

I got lucky on the numbers, mine is all matching. The only non-original part is the magazine, but Savage didn't serialize mags, at least none I've owned, so no big deal there.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:41:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn, now I am going to have to get aanother one. I got one from AIM but it was non matching.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:21:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Im not seeing it on thier site. Still going for $169.

are you guys calling this in? new flyer?>
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:32:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Im not seeing it on thier site. Still going for $169.

are you guys calling this in? new flyer?>

They had a flyer, with 12 days of 1-day specials on various guns. I didn't get a flyer in the mail (I usually do), but I read on another site about the Enfield deal. I did get the flyer WITH my gun, Tuesday, however.

If I'd had a better head's up, I'd have posted it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:14:24 PM EDT
[#7]
So what else is coming up? I'm traveling (working) and havent seen the flyer.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:20:10 PM EDT
[#8]
dude pics.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:07:13 AM EDT
[#9]
this guy got a very nice one

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/view/mb/file?username=surplusrifle&id=112124
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:11:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
this guy got a very nice one

www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/view/mb/file?username=surplusrifle&id=112124

Made it hot for ya, yeah he got a nice one too!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:23:12 PM EDT
[#11]
i got mine the other day and its a sweetie too. a little surface rust on the muzzle end of the barrel and upper barrel band but other than that im extremly happy. all savage parts here too including the mag.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:25:20 PM EDT
[#12]
very nice!

Question:

I notice that SOG is not into updating their site like AIM 'Surplus does.
Am i looking at the right site? or is it that they only take phone call orders?

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:31:28 PM EDT
[#13]
their website sucks, the monthly flyers are where you see their full inventory.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:37:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
their website sucks, the monthly flyers are where you see their full inventory.

Yup, call them and ask to be put on their mailing list. Then, hope and pray that the fllyer gets to you before the sale is over!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top