Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/30/2005 9:14:17 AM EDT
Just when I was settled on the AR-10 A4 carbine, I pick this beast up at the store. I love the feel of it but my main question pertains to its performance. It is a serious dose of eye candy, but I'd like to get some opinions from those who own or at least have shot the weapon. Is it what it's cracked up to be? Is it the cure for an A4 Carbine?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:17:07 AM EDT
I have one it's AWESOME I love it. Many hate it and many have an opinion and heave never shot them. Mine shoots 2.5-3.0 at 100yds. I have'nt had a chance to shoot it farther yet but I love it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:51:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By pulpsmack:
Just when I was settled on the AR-10 A4 carbine, I pick this beast up at the store. I love the feel of it but my main question pertains to its performance. It is a serious dose of eye candy, but I'd like to get some opinions from those who own or at least have shot the weapon. Is it what it's cracked up to be? Is it the cure for an A4 Carbine?

I fondled one at the store yesterday. It's nice. It's not as heavy as I was expecting (a couple people on here said it was heavy). But it is front heavy to me. Plus if you hang stuff on the rails like they have on there, it'll be even more front heavy. I think the regular socom balances much better. But I'm in know way putting it down. I think it's cool. I think they're both cool. Someday, I might have to get a regular socom, but I'm getting a new upper for my AR soon so that'll be my focus for awhile anyways. He he he.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:23:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/30/2005 6:25:12 PM EDT by Joker18]
I have one and I like it very much. It's a good shooter (I'm still waiting for my optics). I use it tree stand hunting for deer and it's short length is perfect. Would I have been happier with the Scout (18" barrel)? Who knows. I am very pleased with mine. There is a lot of good info on this forum and quite a few people willing to share their knowledge of M1A's and M14's.
Oops! My bad you said Socom II. I have the Socom 16...sorry.
Top Top