Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2005 6:23:16 PM EDT
I'm interested in the Cluster Rail System SA is shipping on the SOCOM II... Anyone seen them available separately from the rifles (or know if SA is selling them separately?)

TIA

jim
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:28:58 PM EDT
[#1]
dosen't Macmillain(sp) make it
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:35:51 PM EDT
[#2]
the one SOCOM I looked at said VLTOR on the side of it of the RAS.  However, Knights Armament does make one that is currently available, however its gonna cost ya...  

I'm tempted by one, but need to see the knights aramament one in person as the SOCOM one is pretty heavy and I'd hate to turn my bush rifle into something less handy...

Edited to insert the words my scatterbrain forgot...
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:30:26 AM EDT
[#3]
PSHOOO I just looked at the Knight's one... Spendy!

I guess I'll keep an eye out on the EE and hope for the best...  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:35:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I think you should take a look at the new system developed by SEI for the military.  Should be out in a few weeks.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:27:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I think you should take a look at the new system developed by SEI for the military.  Should be out in a few weeks.  

Will do. Smith's got some great products.

(Hope it's not $600 though )
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:14:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I understand that it won't be priced anywhere near that level.  It's supposedly designed for easy installation by unit armorers onto USGI glass and wood stocks.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:17:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Know where to find a pic and specs?  It doesn't appear to be on their website.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:07:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a SOCOM and picked up one of the SOCOM-II at the gun show. I was horrified how all that extra stuff upset the balance of it and made it too heavy IMHO. Normally I go for all the bells and whistles and could see adding a rail system on mine - but with any accessories hanging on it I think it would just be too heavy & unbalanced.

I guess I'll just use my M4 with the Knights rail when I feel the urge to go out with something fully rigged.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top