Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/31/2006 3:46:34 PM EDT
SL8's in black and USC in gray and black will be available in November....I know....who cares.

Bomber

Link Posted: 8/31/2006 4:11:24 PM EDT
[#1]
what is your source?
Link Posted: 8/31/2006 5:41:48 PM EDT
[#2]
heard about this. hear anything about cost?
Thanks.
S.
Link Posted: 8/31/2006 5:48:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
what is your source?

HK Distributor. Reliable source. In fact I have an optionn on pre ordering some.

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/31/2006 5:55:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd definately buy a black sl8. I'm a fan of thumbhole stocks, they just seem to fit me right.
Link Posted: 8/31/2006 6:19:27 PM EDT
[#5]
How about black with a folding stock? I'd buy one of those, or hell one of each.
Link Posted: 8/31/2006 7:44:24 PM EDT
[#6]
This is legit, and was also reported in this forum a while back, and over at hkpro.
Link Posted: 8/31/2006 7:54:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Does anyone know what the magazine capacity on the USC's will be?

Link Posted: 8/31/2006 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Thats the key issue for me too.
Link Posted: 8/31/2006 11:15:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Just what we need!

A 5.56 rifle whose gas block cracks and whose replacement parts that are impossible to come by.Add to that HK's anti civilian stance and you have a great combo!

In a world of compromise, some people do and buy HK.
Link Posted: 9/1/2006 12:22:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks, but....  

Osprey
Link Posted: 9/1/2006 1:29:42 AM EDT
[#11]
SL-7s with 20 rd mags would get my attention..... Just becasue my cousin has one and it is a fine patrol carbine. I need anothe rifle like I need another hole in my skull. But, an SL 7 would get me to unfolding some bennys.
Link Posted: 9/1/2006 6:34:21 AM EDT
[#12]
10rd, just like before, no folding stocks

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/1/2006 6:36:27 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a SL6, I know what you mean, sweet guns for sure, 20rd mags would be nice. I have my eyes out for a SL7........just havn't found one priced right(which means I am cheap ;)

Quoted:
SL-7s with 20 rd mags would get my attention..... Just becasue my cousin has one and it is a fine patrol carbine. I need anothe rifle like I need another hole in my skull. But, an SL 7 would get me to unfolding some bennys.
Link Posted: 9/1/2006 7:34:36 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The ban is over, and they still won't bring to market what we want.

Fuck H&K.

Link Posted: 9/1/2006 1:49:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Bring in a semi G36 or some 416's and they'll get my business. I didn't buy the USC or SL8 the first time around because they weren't that great.
Link Posted: 9/1/2006 9:55:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I almost got a USC during the ban.

Even today, having to double the price to get a cool gun (sending it off to be a UMP clone) kinda breaks it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2006 11:56:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Bring in a semi G36 or some 416's and they'll get my business. I didn't buy the USC or SL8 the first time around because they weren't that great.

+1

I'd pluck the cash down right away.  Wanna sell some rifles?  Then give us what we want.
Link Posted: 9/2/2006 8:30:19 AM EDT
[#18]
No kidding, what's the point in bringing back two 'clinton special' rifles that failed BECAUSE of their limited magazine capacity. Sorry, making it black doesnt cut it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2006 11:46:38 AM EDT
[#19]
They CAN'T bring high-cap rifles into the states due to Bush's 1989 Clinton's 1998 ban.

Blame our gov, not HK.
Link Posted: 9/2/2006 4:05:27 PM EDT
[#20]
HK could easily set up domestic production to sell de-banned rifles.

For the SL8:  AR mag adapter would add 3 US made parts for 922 compliance.  A few more US made parts (that could be made by sub contractors on molds provided by HK), and they could sell a proper G36.

..but they have no interest in that.  They will suffer the consequenses; people would rather buy vector clones than neutered SL8s.
Link Posted: 9/2/2006 4:53:55 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

For the SL8:  AR mag adapter would add 3 US made parts for 922 compliance.  A few more US made parts (that could be made by sub contractors on molds provided by HK), and they could sell a proper G36.

..but they have no interest in that.  They will suffer the consequenses; people would rather buy vector clones than neutered SL8s.

Yeah, I'm sure HK would love to put an aftermarket TOAD POS AR15 magwell on their German engineered rifle.  Matter of fact, why don't they turn all their prints, tooling, machinery, etc over to Top Notch/Bobcat, you'd surely have some truly fine rifles then. Ha!  More like absolute hunks of crap that you have to send back five times because the dam things can't even eject a spent casing.

Easily setup domestic production?  When's the last time you've priced out a firearms manufacturing facility including personnel and machinery to operate?  Gimme a break.

HK isn't interested because of the financial reasons--it ain't worth it!  It's called capitalism.    
Link Posted: 9/2/2006 5:00:48 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I'm sure HK would love to put an aftermarket TOAD POS AR15 magwell on their German engineered rifle.  Matter of fact, why don't they turn all their prints, tooling, machinery, etc over to Top Notch/Bobcat, you'd surely have some truly fine rifles then. Ha!  More like absolute hunks of crap that you have to send back five times because the dam things can't even eject a spent casing.

Easily setup domestic production?  When's the last time you've priced out a firearms manufacturing facility including personnel and machinery to operate?  Gimme a break.

HK isn't interested because of the financial reasons--it ain't worth it!  It's called capitalism.    

+1

Anyone who thinks HK wants to be associated in any fashion with craptastic SW G36 conversion parts is out of their fucking mind.

Anyone who thinks HK will set up US production of similar parts themselves is just as far out of their mind, because they would never recover the setup costs.

I will buy a black SL8 for an NFA G36KE SBR conversion. Always wanted one. USC, maybe if it were offered in 9mm.
Link Posted: 9/2/2006 5:11:27 PM EDT
[#23]
HK really needs to import the SL8 with a receiver that does not have the indentation to only accept 10 round mags.  And they need to offer the G36 magwell.
Link Posted: 9/2/2006 5:16:46 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
HK really needs to import the SL8 with a receiver that does not have the indentation to only accept 10 round mags.  And they need to offer the G36 magwell.

They can't because of the '98 Clinton ban. Yes, it sucks.
Link Posted: 9/2/2006 5:47:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They can't because of the '98 Clinton ban. Yes, it sucks.

They need to follow the lead of FN.  I'm not sure how FN gets around the Clinton importation ban; maybe they don't import them as complete firearms and assemble them stateside with enough US parts to get around 922(r).  In any case, HK needs to get on the wagon and offer an SL-8 that is more in line with the G36.
Link Posted: 9/2/2006 5:49:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck H&K.

Jesus people.
The AWB may be over but the Import Ban is not.
Import ban...meaning products from other countries...now, where is HK based at?
Hmm...?
Link Posted: 9/2/2006 8:52:20 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Yeah, I'm sure HK would love to put an aftermarket TOAD POS AR15 magwell on their German engineered rifle.  

I don't recall saying anything about Todd Bailey, or his shit.  My point is, by making a single part (magwell), they get three easy, US parts.  It's called an M16 magazine.

For the rest of you who are not tracking, HK could send HKs very own molds to the US, to make a couple more needed parts; by HK, for HK.  How about a stock?  How about a grip?

People are spending over $2,000, probably closer to $3,000 for an SL8 modified with Todd Bailey parts.  If HK made a couple of parts domestically, and used an M16 magazine, they could sell them all day long for $1500 and double their money, as well as selling a metric butt-ton of handguards, scopes and bipods.

Link Posted: 9/2/2006 9:09:10 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck H&K.

Jesus people.
Hmm...?

Last I checked HK has facilities in the U.S. including manufacturing.  So if HK will not sell to us lowly civis what we want...............................................................

Fuck HK!

Link Posted: 9/2/2006 9:19:43 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck H&K.

Jesus people.
Hmm...?

Last I checked HK has facilities in the U.S. including manufacturing.  So if HK will not sell to us lowly civis what we want...............................................................

Fuck HK!

HK is wary of getting burned again.
It can sell its handguns to both civie, LE, and mil markets, with no difference in any model.
It's long guns, not so.
For them, what is the point of tooling up for a semi-only weapon (HK94 or Semi G36)?
There are more differences between a semi MP5 and a full auto MP5.
The only differences between an M16 and an AR15 is the fire control group, and one less hole in the receiver.
It has a limited market, and will be immensly expensive, with little gain, and their investment in a new factory could be destroyed with the stroke of a pen.
From a buisness standpoint, it makes little sense - perhaps we will see HK 416/417 semi-autos, if they gain a following among LE.
Link Posted: 9/2/2006 9:28:58 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck H&K.

Jesus people.
Hmm...?

Fuck HK!

HK is wary of getting burned again.
It can sell its handguns to both civie, LE, and mil markets, with no difference in any model.
It's long guns, not so.
For them, what is the point of tooling up for a semi-only weapon (HK94 or Semi G36)?
There are more differences between a semi MP5 and a full auto MP5.
The only differences between an M16 and an AR15 is the fire control group, and one less hole in the receiver.
It has a limited market, and will be immensly expensive, with little gain, and their investment in a new factory could be destroyed with the stroke of a pen.
From a buisness standpoint, it makes little sense - perhaps we will see HK 416/417 semi-autos, if they gain a following among LE.

Getting burned is an unfortunate part of business.  Heres an idea support the conservative party and make efforts in the causse of gun rights and ownership.  Instead of aspousing you do not wish to sell to civilians and especially do not sue/pursue the few who got your non-regulated product legally.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2006 1:52:52 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Last I checked HK has facilities in the U.S. including manufacturing.

Just where do you think these "facilities" are? Are you referring to the empty lot in Georgia? That's hardly a "manufacturing facility".
Link Posted: 9/3/2006 7:55:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Additionally, why not just give us the 416 complete rifles and uppers we have all been BEGGING for?  I'd buy a 10" 416 upper and a complete rifle in a heartbeat if they offered them at realistic prices (ie comparable to the PS90, Fs2000, Colt 6920, etc..) Typical HK telling us what we will get instead of asking what we want.
Link Posted: 9/3/2006 8:13:32 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Additionally, why not just give us the 416 complete rifles and uppers we have all been BEGGING for?  I'd buy a 10" 416 upper and a complete rifle in a heartbeat if they offered them at realistic prices (ie comparable to the PS90, Fs2000, Colt 6920, etc..) Typical HK telling us what we will get instead of asking what we want.

1) I find it ironic that you mention the Colt LE6920, as it is available for sale only to Colt LE distributors - ordinary folks may get their hands on them, but Colt is not marketing to you.

2) To my knowledge, HK has not begun full scale production of the 41X series. They will market it to their LE/Mil customers first, and then to civies.

3) Why would HK sell/market an NFA 416 to cives? Most arms companies are notoriously uneasy about marketing NFA items directly, and understandably so.

4) Imagine that! A privately owned company TELLING you what products it will sell you. HK can sell a lot of pistols on the civie market, and it will be profitable. Can you guarantee them a similar profit on a 416?

Your post is rather simplistic, and belies a lack of understanding of the situation.
Link Posted: 9/3/2006 9:35:18 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
 My point is, by making a single part (magwell), they get three easy, US parts.  It's called an M16 magazine.

Companies CANNOT import rifles that accept high capacity magazines!  Quit typing and start learning the frickin' law.
Link Posted: 9/3/2006 10:36:44 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 My point is, by making a single part (magwell), they get three easy, US parts.  It's called an M16 magazine.

Companies CANNOT import rifles that accept high capacity magazines!  Quit typing and start learning the frickin' law.

Sort of.
There are ways around it - i.e. the WASR 10s - imported with a single stack magwell, and then opened up to accept double stack mags.
Link Posted: 9/3/2006 10:37:32 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
SL8's in black and USC in gray and black will be available in November....I know....who cares.

Bomber

Ding Ding Ding!
Link Posted: 9/3/2006 1:14:00 PM EDT
[#37]
I guess there is some hope if HK wins the new .45 pistol contract...  If they were forced to open a US plant for those, it would be much easier for them to add a little space in the corner to build cool rifles...

Spooky
Link Posted: 9/3/2006 1:19:41 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Last I checked HK has facilities in the U.S. including manufacturing.

Just where do you think these "facilities" are? Are you referring to the empty lot in Georgia? That's hardly a "manufacturing facility".

I remember reading about groundbreaking as far back as 2002, the facility got canned when the USMil said no more gimme contracts ala XM8?  <<<Seriously?  But seriosly how long does it take to rent factory space and convert machines to say made in usa rather than made in Germany or Pakistan?  If they discontinued the 90 series in Germany just move that equipment here.
Link Posted: 9/3/2006 2:16:14 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1) I find it ironic that you mention the Colt LE6920, as it is available for sale only to Colt LE distributors - ordinary folks may get their hands on them, but Colt is not marketing to you.

2) To my knowledge, HK has not begun full scale production of the 41X series. They will market it to their LE/Mil customers first, and then to civies.

3) Why would HK sell/market an NFA 416 to cives? Most arms companies are notoriously uneasy about marketing NFA items directly, and understandably so.

4) Imagine that! A privately owned company TELLING you what products it will sell you. HK can sell a lot of pistols on the civie market, and it will be profitable. Can you guarantee them a similar profit on a 416?

Your post is rather simplistic, and belies a lack of understanding of the situation.

Who peed in your Wheaties this morning?

1. The Colt 6920 IS available to civilians through an innumerable number of dealers. You're correct that Colt is not directly marketing them to civilians, but they are not blocking civilians from obtaining them.  And the fact is that 6920s are very easily obtained from any one of the many dealers who carry them.

2. The 416 is being used by SOCOM forces in theatre right now; you think these are prototypes?

3. HK can minimize liability by offer the 416 through dealers - just like Colt and FN are doing.  And the 416 is not by definition an NFA item unless it is a complete rifle with barrel under 16".  They can and should offer a 16" barreled version.  They can and should offer complete upper receiver conversion kits, including 10" barreled versions.  They should also offer complete SBR's to dealers, who in turn will sell to civilians and LEO alike.  And while we're on the manufacturers being squeamish about offering NFA items to civilians, how do you explain the fact that FOUR seperate dealers offer factory short barrel rifles from Colt?  From Colt to JB Arms, David Spiwak, Clyde Armory, and Specialized Armament, then to anyone who can/will go through the joys of fingerprints, form-4, etc...  Yeah, that sure sounds like Colt is blocking civilians from owning its LEO line of rifles.

4. I realize a private company has the right to market whatever items it desires; this is capitalism.  My problem lies with HK's attitude that we can take what they feel like giving us. FN has already proven there is a very viable market for new military firearms in the US; so yes I think we could reasonably say that HK would make money by offering their 416 over here.  Here's a novel idea; HK could offer the 416 to both LE and civilians in the same way that Colt does; through distributors.  You think LE and civilians won't snap up every available 416 complete rifle and upper?  Dealers wouldn't be able to keep them in their inventory.  I'd personally buy at least one complete rifle and one (probably two) 10" upper to use on my M16.

Link Posted: 9/3/2006 5:58:02 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
No kidding, what's the point in bringing back two 'clinton special' rifles that failed BECAUSE of their limited magazine capacity. Sorry, making it black doesnt cut it.

I didn't want an SL8 or USC before the ban expired, and certainly don't want one now. (and yes, I understand the difference between the '89 ban and the '94 ban)

I'd take an HK417 and would consider an HK416, but I don't ever expect to see that happen.

H&K must have a monkey running their civilian department.

But this thread should be entertaining. Nothing like watching HK apologists/fanboys work themselves into a frenzy...
Link Posted: 9/3/2006 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then how is FN importing the FS2000 (with a 30 round mag) that accepts AR mags?
Link Posted: 9/4/2006 9:31:22 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then how is FN importing the FS2000 (with a 30 round mag) that accepts AR mags?

Simple.  Parts count.  Just like HK could, but won't.
Link Posted: 9/4/2006 11:28:34 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I didn't want an SL8 or USC before the ban expired, and certainly don't want one now. (and yes, I understand the difference between the '89 ban and the '94 ban)

I'd take an HK417 and would consider an HK416, but I don't ever expect to see that happen.

H&K must have a monkey running their civilian department.

But this thread should be entertaining. Nothing like watching HK apologists/fanboys work themselves into a frenzy...

My sentiments exactly.  The SL8 in its present format SUCKS.  A lame thumbhole stock, receiver modified so that only a single stack mag can be used, not to mention a receiver that is prone to cracking at the barrel/receiver interface.  Yeah, great rifle.  

HK needs to pull their head out of their ass and bring the 416 (and eventually the 417 when it is in full production) to the US market.
Link Posted: 9/5/2006 4:19:37 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Actually, they need to import the SL8 with the standard pushpin lower and not that fagtastic angled rear end receiver, so you don't have an abnormally long LOP.
Link Posted: 9/5/2006 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Perhaps you, boomfab, should quit typing, and read the post in context.

eodinert suggested that the rifles be imported in their ban-friendly neutered form to the US, where HK-USA then puts in the magwells and other domestic parts to maintain 922(r) compliance.

There's nothing illegal about this - the rifles that would be imported wouldn't accept high capacity magazines, as you quite erroneously assumed eodinert was suggesting.

Thank you for displaying your astounding grasp of the English language, and your massive comprehension skills.
Link Posted: 9/5/2006 4:27:20 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
My sentiments exactly.  The SL8 in its present format SUCKS.  A lame thumbhole stock, receiver modified so that only a single stack mag can be used, not to mention a receiver that is prone to cracking at the barrel/receiver interface.  Yeah, great rifle.

Regarding the receiver cracking issue - where are you guys getting this information from?

I was led to believe that this was not an HK problem (or not a problem with SL8 rifles), and instead, was a problem with modified rifles.
Link Posted: 9/5/2006 4:34:43 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Regarding the receiver cracking issue - where are you guys getting this information from?

I was led to believe that this was not an HK problem (or not a problem with SL8 rifles), and instead, was a problem with modified rifles.

I was under the impression that the German Army was having the receiver cracking problem with their G36s, although I don't have a reliable source for that information.
Link Posted: 9/5/2006 4:56:09 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was under the impression that the German Army was having the receiver cracking problem with their G36s, although I don't have a reliable source for that information.

I had heard something similar to that - that it was early full-auto G36's that were having the issue, and that the semi-auto SL8 rifle specifically didn't have the issue - either it was an issue with sustained FA firing, or that something was redesigned on later G36's, and said revision was passed on to the SL8.

Of course, I also don't have a reliable source - this is just what I remember when I was reading up on these, prior to purchasing my rifle.
Link Posted: 9/5/2006 6:01:45 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Companies CAN make rifles in the US!  Quit spewing shit long enough to read the post!
Link Posted: 9/5/2006 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Jesus, with all the bitchin' going on here I forgot what I was going to say on the original topic.

Oh, SL8 and USC--not interested.  If I had a money tree in the backyard, I'd bite but there are too many other future purchase ideas that are much cooler.

Personally, I don't really care about the HK situation.  If they are too stupid to see there is a huge civilian market for their products, that's their mistake.  I'll still buy their stuff because some of it is the best made in the world.

And on last note, if they ever make a civilian version of the G-36 (and I mean a good version, not a POS like the SL8 is)--I am so there for one, I wouldn't think twice.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top