Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2002 12:11:39 PM EDT
I have a SKS question. When you remove the trigger group and the spring that is left in the stock, what is the name of this spring, I need a replacement.

Anyone know a link to a SKS part diagram?
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 12:15:28 PM EDT
In the manual I have called, generically enough "SKS Instruction Manual for Shooting and Maintenance." They refer to that spring, as the trigger guard spring.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 12:40:15 PM EDT
Thanks for the help. I need to order a few replacement parts but don't know what they're called which is tough to do!

I need to get one of those manuals
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 12:45:54 PM EDT
You might look here:

Link Posted: 6/9/2002 4:59:50 PM EDT
Below is page from the Numrich Parts Catalog.

If you want to print it, you’ll probably get better quality by saving it to a file on your computer, opening it with software that will handle a JPG, and printing it from there.

Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:51:03 PM EDT
Just for the record, any spring that is the approximate diameter and length and fairly sfiff, will do. One of my SKS's also lost that spring, and a piece of a Ruger Single Action mainspring works just fine as a replacement.  I've also seen springs at the local hardware store that would work just fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top