BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:32:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Trying to keep up with some of the questions, but some I may not be able to fully address until after the show.

TOR-MINI VPC is not submersible, but splash/moisture resistant, with both momentary and constant function. Zeroing adjustments are done with recessed allen key adjusters on the top and left side (when mounted at the 12 o’clock).

No remote switch port, in-line with barrel, low to the rail surface (HOB will be affected by rail height as well), and does not need to be removed to change batteries. It’s a simple but affordable device, and the stepped output settings make it remarkably versatile for the price, which we tried to keep as low as possible while still being durable and functional and made in the USA.

As already surmised by many, yes, the Artemis has some of my fingerprints on it.

There will be a dovetail version, however the first design efforts focused on the complex ball detent adjustment mechanisms, and the strength of the monocular pod connections to the bridge to remove as much extraneous movement, and provide as much strength possible.

ANVS version will not have an onboard battery and ANVIS retrofit versions are planned (hence auto-gain only variant).

The design will absolutely change and evolve over time, the version being shown now is only the first working prototype built, and among other things, has almost zero weight reduction or control measures integrated, as it was, as I said, primarily a proof of concept prototype for the pod-to-PAS attachment and ANVS adjustment mechanism, however as it stands, it weighs in at what I would consider to be a respectable 578 grams (~20.3 ounces), and again, that’s without integrating any of the planned methods of weight reduction.

I cannot stress enough that the current prototype being shown is in its infant stages of development, but are also realistic enough to know that as we begin field testing the device with end users, in training, and in classes, rumors and gossip were going to get out, so we may as we figured we may as well get ahead of it and let people know we’re working on it, instead of messing with all the cloak and dagger of editing, blurring photographs, making people carry around stacks of NDAs to classes, etc.—some aspects of the design are now patent pending as well. That being said, there’s no firm ETA or pricing. We have internal targets, but needless to say, we won’t be sharing those just quite yet.

~Augee
View Quote
Very nice. I'm really glad there is going to be an ANVIS option to replace the Sentinel.  I'll most likely buy a MOD3 this year, and then whenever the Artemis comes out, buy one of those.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 1:27:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 5:04:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'm not sure if you are trying to imply there is something in the Sionyx thread that says these units are on par with gen3.... But I can ASSURE you that the first two versions of the Aurora are NOT anywhere on par with gen 3

I bought them after reading reports of such and while it is a useful little thing for the price!.. A gen 3 14 replacement it is not!
View Quote
No, I was suggesting that we don't rehash the 2, 4, 6 threads we already have on the debate between the two technologies - in a SHOT Show thread. Your last eight words have been covered ad nauseum.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 8:21:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I wonder how the new laser compares to the Bushnell Night Chase. Also class-1, also side buttons with no remote, but has integrated BUIS, and one version has an illuminator.

I've never seen one in real life though, or a decent review.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 11:48:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wonder how the new laser compares to the Bushnell Night Chase. Also class-1, also side buttons with no remote, but has integrated BUIS, and one version has an illuminator.

View Quote
Bushnell's laser line was announced in 2017 and as I recall only in red and that is all their site says. I do not recall reading or seeing anything about them doing IR and certainly nothing about one with an IR pointer and IR illuminator. If anything IR existed from them someone would have mentioned it here at some point.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:07:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Bushnell's laser line was announced in 2017 and as I recall only in red and that is all their site says. I do not recall reading or seeing anything about them doing IR and certainly nothing about one with an IR pointer and IR illuminator. If anything IR existed from them someone would have mentioned it here at some point.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.nightoptics.com/product/NC50.htm

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Night-Chase-Backup-Sight-w-IR-Illum-Laser-from-Night-Optics/18-490877/
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:18:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I just had one for sale in the EE. They are some out there in the wild.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:18:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Night-Chase-Backup-Sight-w-IR-Illum-Laser-from-Night-Optics/18-490877/
That would have been awesome but it seems dead in the water. It was only actually for sale for a short time and it was almost $600 iirc and now they seem to be gone except for Bushnell's rebranded version with a red laser.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 1:59:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That would have been awesome but it seems dead in the water. It was only actually for sale for a short time and it was almost $600 iirc and now they seem to be gone except for Bushnell's rebranded version with a red laser.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was tempted at one point but was also saving for my duals so I passed.

I was just posting links so that others would know what was being discussed.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 2:00:47 PM EDT
[#10]
How do you think the LAM will stand up to magnum shotgun recoil. This may be what I am looking for if it will take the abuse.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 3:15:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 7:09:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 7:15:59 PM EDT
[#13]
So Nightoptics is not Bushnell, and based on the announcement dates Bushnells line of red lasers was prior to Nightoptics IR offerings and now they are DOA anyway
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 9:04:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So Nightoptics is not Bushnell, and based on the announcement dates Bushnells line of red lasers was prior to Nightoptics IR offerings and now they are DOA anyway
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Yes. Again, I was simply posting it for info, no more no less.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 9:04:50 PM EDT
[#15]
@TNVC

“This video is private”
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 9:22:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
@TNVC

“This video is private”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
@TNVC

“This video is private”
Yeah that’s weird - seemed like it was up like an hour ago and I meant to watch it later tonight.

I fondled the Artemis a bit. That sucker felt sooo nice. The smooth machining on the bridge piece and the sliding in/out of the ball detent mount were like no other housing I’ve handled. Not sure if it’s just way tighter tolerances or a different material where the interface is at, but I’m excited to watch the development. Was very impressed in the fit and finish of the early prototype.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 9:32:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

@TNVC

“This video is private”
View Quote
Back up

Tactical Night Vision Company 2020 Lineup - SHOT Show 2020
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 12:20:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Love Augee’s passion.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 3:44:31 PM EDT
[#19]
I’d like a more in depth view of the Voodoo-S for sure. No one else has covered it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 6:14:33 PM EDT
[#20]
https://n2b.goexposoftware.com/events/ss20/goExpo/exhibitor/listExhibitorProducts.php?ui=1391

Saw the LE111G under new products. Went to the Holosun website and saw the following IR items:

LE112R&IR
LS112R&IR
LS111IR
LE111IR
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 11:12:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Anybody have pics/info on the new Carson goggle housing?
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 11:34:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
LE112R&IR
LS112R&IR
LS111IR
LE111IR
View Quote
The 112's won't be available for a little while, but the 111's are already in the wild.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 1:52:07 PM EDT
[#23]
What's the background of Pixels on Target? Their Voodoo-S seems like a next gen SkeetIR, especially with the ability to integrate into a Wilcox flip mount.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 2:52:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 10:22:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 12:50:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Anybody have pics/info on the new Carson goggle housing?
View Quote
Well.....after being frustrated by the lack of info on the Carson goggle I did some Googling and I've got good news and bad news.

Good news: I found limited info on the Carson BNVD goggle. It's an articulating goggle with AA battery compartment and has push button controls that are similar to the NVD BNVD.

Bad news: We're probably not going to see any info on it until a lawsuit between NVD & Carson is settled.

The radio silence makes sense now, lol.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 2:44:20 PM EDT
[#27]
What about the 16mm format RNVG housing that was briefly teased prior in this thread?

What about the Carson hand-held fusion monocular, any more details with that one?
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 3:03:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What about the 16mm format RNVG housing that was briefly teased prior in this thread?
View Quote
Pretty sure that's this one here, which only uses Photonis tubes as they're the only guys with those 16mm tubes at the moment -

https://nvincorporated.com/product/night-vision-inc-rnvg-micro16/
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 3:20:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks for that looks like price is $8999 for black.

The NVD BNVD-Mini is also available in 16mm

What I'm really after are hard specs, esp weight.

I'm gonna send them an email, will update.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 3:56:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 4:07:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 4:12:52 PM EDT
[#32]
That’s actually kind of neat. Clear eye ups makes sense so you can see peripherally and it’ll reduce eye glow but I can see them getting broken stowed up sticking out like that.

The feature list says it limits the phosphorus green glow, lol.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 3:19:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Immediately makes sense to me. I don't know why, but I can not run nods far enough out to fit eye pro behind them which is a serious problem when training with simunitions.

Besides noise, the green glow on someones face is usually the first way to target someone wearing nods in a truly dark cqb environment if you don't have night vision of your own.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 6:13:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
WHY?
View Quote
Supposed to help mitigate this:

Best I could do - it's moving video, so there's some blur. Guy second from left - looks to be about 30yds - he's not wearing reflective eye-pro - and has direct, Full Moon light, shining on his face. You can imagine what no Moon, or as mentioned above, Indoors would look like, and how much further away it could be picked up.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 4:04:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
SHOT is annoying.

“Hey look at all this cool shit you won’t be able to buy for the next 18-24 months”

They should have another shot show where these NV vendors actually have products on the shelves from shit they “released” a year ago. Suppressor companies too.

It succkkssss to have $7,000 you want to throw at a company and they’re like “We’ll take your money but you gotta wait a year for us to get the kinks out”.

See also: TAPS Switch

These aren’t hand built Wilson Combat 1911s.

DBAL 9007 dude
View Quote
Agreed.  I keep holding off purchasing because something awesome is always right around the corner.  Result: I don't spend money on these products.
It is very difficult to narrow down what you are going to buy when they keep teasing something better is imminent.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 5:25:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Agreed.  I keep holding off purchasing because something awesome is always right around the corner.  Result: I don't spend money on these products.
It is very difficult to narrow down what you are going to buy when they keep teasing something better is imminent.  
View Quote
It's been posted a few times by I don't know who at TNVC. It's good advice and this won't be an exact quote but "Don't sit around waiting for the next thing. Buy something now and get out and use it". I didn't buy my thermals from them. I ended up with a Halo LR and a Helion XP38. Both perform incredibly well and I'm having a blast coyote hunting with them. There are devices available for use right now that are way more than capable. Times a wasting.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:07:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:49:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

SSD just showed THIS I handled them at Shot and they were pretty lightweight.  
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/19096/carson_BNVD-1254723.jpg

SSD also showed their new fused image hand held monocular which I really liked.http://soldiersystems.net/2019/09/10/dsei-19-pathfinder-fused-thermalcolor-nvis-viewer-by-carson-industries/ If they can keep the current price point at $1500, they will knock it outta the park with this product alone!
View Quote
Thanks for posting it the pic of haven’t checked SSD in a while. It looks good.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 3:40:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 5:34:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Any word on release date for the TNVC laser?
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 8:02:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:13:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Still slated for Feb/March release. Looking to start some special pre-orders in the next week or so.
View Quote
Can we get put on a list for when they go live for pre order?
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 1:02:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Same!
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 1:43:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
In for the answer.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 2:17:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
So you want a pre order pre order
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 2:28:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Worse than the video game community...
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 2:43:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Your reading comprehension sucks....
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 7:38:34 PM EDT
[#49]
In for cheap laserz
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 7:40:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top