Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2005 1:27:57 PM EDT
I have been wanting one for years and I just traded a rifle for one from the local army navy store. She's absolutely pristine except for some of the laquered finish which has a few wear spots. I traded it evenly for a savage 340E .30-30. The savage looked new and had a scope so the young guy behind the counter at the store drooled, and said he couldn't believe I was trading the scoped savage for an "ugly old rifle". I have only had it for an hour or so It's all matching#s including the magazine and barrel band. The bore is also brand new. (It's NOT and indian rework either, but an unaltered british piece. Man did I get a deal!

Just figured I'd share, I'm going to go fondle her now
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:38:18 PM EDT
[#1]
uhhh.......pics?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 3:23:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the same rifle and I love it to death. Unfortunatly my grandpa too a hack saw to the flash suppressor, but other than that its in A1 condition with matching #'s. Enjoy!

P.S, anyone know where I can pick up a new flash supressor/front sight assembly?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 3:49:48 PM EDT
[#3]
That Numrich egunparts sells repro units.  A real one is going to be hard to find.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
I have the same rifle and I love it to death. Unfortunatly my grandpa too a hack saw to the flash suppressor, but other than that its in A1 condition with matching #'s. Enjoy!

P.S, anyone know where I can pick up a new flash supressor/front sight assembly?

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have been wanting one for years and I just traded a rifle for one from the local army navy store. She's absolutely pristine except for some of the laquered finish which has a few wear spots. I traded it evenly for a savage 340E .30-30. The savage looked new and had a scope so the young guy behind the counter at the store drooled, and said he couldn't believe I was trading the scoped savage for an "ugly old rifle". I have only had it for an hour or so It's all matching#s including the magazine and barrel band. The bore is also brand new. (It's NOT and indian rework either, but an unaltered british piece. Man did I get a deal!

Just figured I'd share, I'm going to go fondle her now

Cool...you gotta watch Enfields though, they are like potato chips...one is never enough.

One thing though....they never had a laquered finish in service, so if you truly want it like as issued, strip that laquer right off, and give a good drink of BLO  (boiled linseed oil)...the original finish and service finish on Enfields....

Things to double check...the Jungle should be numbered in the following spots....receiver, bolt, magazine, and under the forearm towards the front end. All numbers should match. The bolt handle knob should be drilled out (hollow), the micrometer rear sight should be graduated to 800 yards only.

Is it a Fazakerley...ROF(F) marked or BSA Shirley...M47C marked? The BSA's made only half as many as Fazakerley, so is the rarer of the two.

Watch it when you shoot her the first time, they tend to kick a bit harder than most....Now all you need is a proper sling, and a bayonet (unfortunately these run around $125...) and you're set!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:22:05 PM EDT
[#5]
pzjgr, The  black laquer is on the metal, over the parkerizing, the wood is oil finished. It is a BSA as well, which is what attracted me to it even more. That's the LAST of my enfields (I keep telling myself that) I got the #1Mk3, No4 Mk1, 2 and a No.1 Mk5, so this I hope is the last, cause I also have the mauser disease, the black rifle disease, the kalashnikov disease, and the us service rifle disease, and the fal disease. Any more diseases and I'll die, well the bank account will anyway
I'm not too worried about recoil, I usually send 405gr. pills downrange at 2000 f.p.s.

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:18:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
pzjgr, The  black laquer is on the metal, over the parkerizing, the wood is oil finished. It is a BSA as well, which is what attracted me to it even more. That's the LAST of my enfields (I keep telling myself that) I got the #1Mk3, No4 Mk1, 2 and a No.1 Mk5, so this I hope is the last, cause I also have the mauser disease, the black rifle disease, the kalashnikov disease, and the us service rifle disease, and the fal disease. Any more diseases and I'll die, well the bank account will anyway
I'm not too worried about recoil, I usually send 405gr. pills downrange at 2000 f.p.s.

Thanks guys

Ahhh...now I got you...that stuff is call Suncorite (may be spelled wrong) and it is some hard stuff!

Shit, I've got 20 Enfields, and it still isn't enough...mainly No. 1's of various forms, including a No. 1 Mk. I*, a No. 1 Mk I*** IP, and a No. 1 Mk IV CON'D...originally a 1900 Sparkbrook Long Tom....Oh, and a 1907 dated Ishapore No. 1 Mk. III...first year of production for Ishapore....it was a very good day a few years ago when Springfield Sporters had their auction...my buddy (who is a dealer) left with over 120 rifles in the back of his truck!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:37:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:52:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Recoil should be pretty stout and these are not tack drivers, but they worked well for what they were intended to do.  Congratulations on a good deal and owning a piece of history.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:00:30 AM EDT
[#9]
pics...............pics.............
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:08:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:35:16 AM EDT
[#11]
nice, reminds me of the M1socom.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:50:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top